any ideas?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by r_fuhrman, Apr 14, 2004.

1. r_fuhrman

r_fuhrman Regular Member

web site designer
    hi there
    I have been a tennis player for the last 15 years of my life or so and have been ranked in the top 10 in canada as a jr. (17 now) and for personal reasons have stopped playing tennis so i decided to play badminton. So I learned the rules and got myself somthing that resembles a badminton racquet and rather quickly began beating everyone in my school including my coach. I'd love to get out and play more and even some jr. events if possible. I live near Aurora (north of GTA) and im looking for a club that i can play a bit more in and talk to some people about playing as a jr etc. I was on the OBA earlier looking for clubs but there wasnt a lot of info. so I'd like some help in choosing a club etc. or if someone wants a game id love to!

Thanks for your help
    R.F.

2. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    There are definitely a lot of clubs in the GTA area. The most popular ones are clubs like Mandarin and Lee's Badminton, both in Markham. There are also plenty of high schools around that have clubs after hours. The OBA is definitely a good point to contact for stuff outside of the GTA area. But if you have access to transportation, going that little extra distance to some of the GTA clubs is always a good idea.

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    You mean you are 17th in rankings now, or you have been playing for 15 years, and you are now 17 (Started playing when two! :eek: )?

ANyway good luck luck, and hope you enjoy your change to the beautiful game!

(sorry cant help you in your question)