Victor SH910 (2013) too slippery?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by luckyboyl, Jan 18, 2015.

1. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

Hello friends, I just purchased a new shoes for badminton, the Victor SH910. Played about months in these so far and I find them very slippery. They have a nice grip in really clean court, however any piece of dust or water (sweat, etc..) will make them slide like a skates. I had already three injuries duriing this month of use. They simply slide and forced me to to a reall nice split, almost like Van Damme does :-D

I am a fairly movemeng aggressive player, I change direction very fast and that is highly demanding for full grip on the floor I know. Previously I used quite cheap indoor shoes (half price) like Adidas Stabil or Puma Vellum. I did not experience such issues with those. Anyone can help or post an advice? Are all "badminton" shoes like this, demanding perfectly clear and dry surface?

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Believe proper badmtn shoes r generally designed to grip the courts surface... AND courts surface has to b basically dry n clean in order for the shoes to grip well.

On top of that, type of courts surface matters too. Rubber mat n varnished wooden floor r the best n the worst r the tiled n cemented floors. IME, no matter what shoes, these two floors will make ur shoes slippery.

3. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

Hi TeddyC, thanks for your opinion, well noted. I play on what I suggest to be a good badminton surface Procourt (http://www.procourt.eu/), so that is why I am surprised my older non-badminton shoes provided more grip. I think the Victor shoes are aimed at really clean conditions and not that suitable for "intermediate" levels. I may try next time Yonex or Mizuno to try if the sole is better. Thanks for help!

4. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I used the 910's and never had an issue. You're playing on dusty, wet and dirty courts so grip is hard to find. Wearing runners may grip but you'll end up rolling your ankle, wearing badminton shoes in those conditions may be ok but you'll slip and eventually roll your ankle.

I'd clean the court or make sure it was done before you play, it's not worth the risk of slipping.

5. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

Hi, you are probably right. I will push the court owner to clean up more frequently. Just curios, did you find the 910s good? Which model did you switch to after?

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    There's no excuse for a dirty court.

I went to the 9100's which are awesome.