BadmintonAcademy/Camp

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by fanatic1234, Apr 16, 2004.

1. fanatic1234

fanatic1234 Regular Member

hi bf'ers,

does anybody know of any good quality academy's or camps being run ? this applies to any country, be it malaysia,indonesia,china,korea,denmark etc ? to regards to my standard i am my county u19 champion in all 3 events and play the national circut, senior county etc. also id be take a friend with me, mid twentys he is and is also a county senior. any help would be greatly appriecated. except places within the uk ! im already here lol !

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Is there anything in the UK? I am nowhere near this standard but want to do some kind of course based in the UK, I am a mediocre club player

The only thing outside which would be a good idea is the academy in Copenhagen (I think) which players like Bobby Milroy attend, it takes players from all over the world but you have to be supported by your association, again I am not sure about the process.

You can do 1 month, 6 months or a year. Quite pricey though, around £800 for a month excluding accomodation and food etc, they can help you find a place though.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

4. fanatic1234

i spoke to michael and the only problem is you need to basically be england junior international. im in the problem situation here as im the level below but my target goal is to be that level

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Oh well Martin Dew was right I have bugger all chance of getting in then!

Why don't you get in touch with the IBF, based in England somewhere or even the BA of E should run courses in Milton Keynes, at the very least they should be able to give you pointers on where to get the suitable training you need.

Better phone as they don't always reply to e-mails

What about LJB, has he any plans to do courses this year?

6. Dill

Dill Regular Member

There is also a course run by Dan Travers in the Sports Scotland centre in Inverclyde during the summer for a week and costs about £350 for residential.

Since he is one of the best in Scotland you might want to phone and get some info about the standards, but I think you may be above the majority in attendance.

7. fanatic1234

thanks for the reply dill,

im really looking for trainnig outside the way the uk coaches teach, eg 1 of the asian countrys way of training. money for the training wudnt be a problem whatever the price so finding the rite place is all thats left to do.

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    It would be really cool if we people at BC/BF can make a Badminton Camp or something like that (Summer Camp :)?). Like.....we can find some place, and live there for about 3 weeks long....and all we do everyday is BBQ and Badminton :)!

Cost......would probably be somewhere around $2000 USD or so I guess :D But it will be FUN!! :cool:

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Good suggestion...

However, it will be fun, until we receive our credit card bills... :rolleyes:

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    You can try the Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy in India. It's run by one of India's greatest badminton player and trains AE winner Gopi Chand and current India's ladies champion Aparna Popat.

More info available at http://www.padukoneacademy.com

There's is also Lee Jae Bok academy (http://www.liba.co.kr) in Korea although he has one setup in the UK.

There are also various academies in Malaysia but I have no info on these. Maybe Ants or Wilfredf or Joanne can help here.

11. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Well that's the odd thing about the LJB academy, one of our members was his assistant last time he ran one (can't remember his name but it was in a thread about a grip) and I'm sure he said there was no plans for any this year but in a competition I played at the weekend one of my friends was offered a place on a 2 day course but he haad to decline because it was during his exams at uni!

Does anyone have any info on the LJB camps in the UK this year?

12. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Dill,

I have heard no real information about him running courses this year like he did last, however he told me he IS going to spend more time over here and therefore will run more courses. I think there is a weekend one coming up in May, you'll have to email Tom Marrs about it all (managain director).
    I'm good friends with Lee, so you got any questions then please ask. I'm possibly touring with him once i come back from a training camp, so i may see you around.

Matt

www.liba-uk.co.uk
    www.libauk.com

13. gerry

gerry Regular Member

Met with Lee again last week, he has no plans for similar sessions like last year in Norwich and Bolton, he's been here on and off to fulfil previous planned commitments.
    Lee Young Sook is his head coach in the UK and they are trying to operate an LJB academy here. They are looking to take on groups of up to 8 players per county to train them for 4 x 2 hours per month. This is already in operation in some counties.

14. reaper

reaper Regular Member

Retired badminton player, LOL =P PRE-MED STUDENT (
    Fanatic,

You're from England, right? Why don't you explain your situation to your national badminton association and ask them if they could get you in touch with Rexy Mainaky. He's still there, right?

I'm sure Rexy would have tons of connections in Indonesia. If you can't get in touch with him, write to your national association for help.

Hope that helps a tiny bit

Reaper

15. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Gerry/Matt is it OK to send you guys a PM since you know what is going on, I don't want to plaster peoples names over the net

16. gerry

gerry Regular Member

Dill.....sure if I can help in any way...no problem

17. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Dill, no probs

18. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Hi Guys

With reference to the Lee Jae Bok Badminton Academy here in the UK.

There is a new website coming online next week. www.libauk.com
    Matt Ross has mentioned it in an earlier post. The website will outline what courses are planned for this summer ( 2004 ) and what plans Lee has for 2005.

You will also be able to subscribe to a LIBA Newsletter

You can email info@libauk.com for updates.

19. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Skates,

U are who i think you are?

Matt

20. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Hi Matt

Well that depends. Are you are thinking of that little old bloke who coughed and wheezed his way through last years liba course in Norwich, and has recently been updating you on the latest with the new liba uk website?

Then I am who you think I am :)

I've been on this site before some time ago, but have never registered. Skates is a nickname I have had for a long, long time.

I'd like to take the opportunity of using the forum to let folks know about liba uk. Obviously where appropriate and within the forums rules.

I'll be in touch with you soon about May's weekend course.

Best regards

SM