Racket Arcsaber, Voltric, Nanoray

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by john1994, Jan 23, 2015.

1. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I going to buy a new racket soon next week, I was thinking of getting Arcsaber 11 or voltric z force 2 or Nanoray Z Speed. I am a single player, I love to have a racket that can smash, defend, good around net area, drop shot, and high clear. So which racket can do all the stuff I mention, I know voltric good for smash but defend is a problem. I haven't tried Arcsaber 11 yet, so I doono but I did tried Arcsaber 10 and smash felt weak, I Tried nanoray z speed from a friend but did not like because it has no control at all. So now I am confused any suggestion guys? THanks

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I use Arcsaber 11 for singles myself, I also have the Z Speed and although it is nice, I favour my Arcsaber 11 over it, just overall brilliant in all areas from the baseline, to smashes, clears, lifts, and defence is sharp. At the net also, it manoeuvres well . I've not owned a ZF2 so cannot comment on that.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I've not used the Z Speed, but I've heard numb shots as a pretty common complaint rather than a lack of control. That said, if you don't like the racket, don't buy it.

Be aware that both the Arcsaber 11 and the Z Force II are quite stiff racquets. I don't know your playstyle well enough to comment on it, but be aware that changing from a high flex racquet to a stiff racquet can effect your play.

Also be aware that the Z Force II is head heavy - if you're not used to head heavy racquets, that's another factor that will require adjustment.

Another note is that the Z Force II uses the small head, meaning you have a smaller sweet spot to hit. Another adjustment factor.

I changed from an Arcsaber 9 (medium flex, 'normal' size/shape racquet) to a ZF2. The first week I used it, the head was very heavy for me, and was fatiguing. It has also required patience to bring my speed up with the racquet, and it's still a work in progress in that front. The racket is punishing if you miss hit.

This said I'm not dissatisfied with the ZF2. I was aware I'd need adjusting when I changed so many factors in my game. The racket itself performs spectacularly. Even as just an intermediate player, I was able to get a backhand singles full cross court clear (corner to corner).

If you can, try the rackets out first.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

If you're looking for an all rounder, you should try the Arc11 and the Z-Speed.
    The Nanoray Z-Speed is a very interesting racket: It's very head-heavy for a Nanoray and can generate a lot of power, whilst being very fast in defense. For me it would be the perfect racket, if the feel wasn't that horrible (dampened; no feedback). But thats a matter of taste, so you actually might like it. :)

5. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

Well I am strong enough to use ZFII I can play at 30lb no problem, the things is I am not very tall, so I don't smash often, but my friend who is tall keep smashing and this racket is not that good is defense that why, so which racket u think suit me in this situation.

6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

If you're looking for a better defense, then try the Arc11 or NR Z-Speed.

7. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

But I also like to attack, so which one better arc 11 or z speed. also I have LD N90 racket I very happy with defend and everything, although is head heavy but the head frame is big and easy to defend with it, should I just stay with N90 or switch to another racket, I love N90 so much, but I feel like I am not up to date because my friend all have the latest racket, while mine is old 2009 racket that why.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I would say the Z-Speed is better in attack than Arc11. But that's just me.

9. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

is z speed heavier than arc 11? I mean can you swing faster with z speed?

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I've had the 3U version of Z-Speed and Arc11 and I could swing the Z-Speed faster. If you hold it in your hand, it feels quite heavy but when you swing it... It's unbelievably fast. :D

11. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I see what about backhand clear and backhand defend is z speed good at those compared to arc saber 11? since u said it swing fast, but does it has power to clear backhand clear?

12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I didn't really play many games with the Arc11... Backhand clears and defense is pretty easy with the Z-Speed...

13. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I see ok one last question, z speed or arc 11, in term on consistency. THanks.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Can't really comment on consistency, didn't use them for very long. But the Z-Speed is less forgiving, if you don't hit the sweet spot.

15. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I see thanks.

16. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Does the Z Speed use the small frame?

If so then maybe the Arc 11 would be better.

17. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    Yes it does! Even smaller than the head of a Z-Force 2!

In comparsion to an Arc11 the head is smaller due to the longer shaft and noticeably smaller
    on the bottom half of the sides! Length should be the same!

But IMO swing is very different! Z-Speed is more satisfying in smash and clear department. But Arc11 gives more feel in drops and at the net!

#17 picard500, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015