Good news from malaysia girl double player.

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chili, Jan 27, 2015.

1. chili

chili Regular Member

marketing
    PETALING JAYA: Amelia Alicia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho captured their maiden Grand Prix Gold title after producing a solid display to beat Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei in an all-Malaysian final at the Indian Open badminton championships in Lucknow.
    The Sabah-born pair, the world No. 32, were composed when it mattered most and took the fight to national No. 1 Vivian-Khe Wei to secure a 22-20, 21-15 win.
    Amelia-Fie Cho, who ousted second seeds Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponnappa of India in Saturday’s semi-finals, led for much of the first game and held their own despite wasting two game point opportunities.
    They upped the tempo in the second game and never looked like losing as they eventually completed the win over the top seeded Vivian-Khe Wei in 49 minutes.
    It was Amelia-Fie Cho’s third international title, having also won the Iran International Challenge in 2013 and 2014. But it was their biggest career win to date and Malaysia’s first in the world circuit this season.
    “We’re very happy to win a GP Gold title. This is an important win for us,” said Amelia.
    “Fie Cho and I have been partners for three years now. I can say that we played really well today.
    “Hopefully we can continue to improve our game and be consistent enough to qualify for the 2016 Olympics ... that’s our aim for the year,” added Amelia.
    National coach Rosman Razak was a happy man after seeing Malaysia end their four-year women’s doubles title drought.
    Vivian-Khe Wei were the last Malaysian pair to emerge triumphant on the circuit, winning the Indonesian Open GP Gold in 2011.
    “I have to congratulate Amelia and Fie Cho. They have been working hard and they are finally reaping the fruits of the labour,” said Rosman.
    “Vivian had an injured finger, but Amelia and Fie Cho were consistent enough throughout the tournament. I hope this win will spur them on to become more confident in future tournaments,” said Rosman.
    In the women’s singles final, world No. 3 Saina Nehwal delivered some home cheer after coming from behind to beat reigning world champion Carolina Marin of Spain 19-21, 25-23, 21-16.
    Top seeds Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen of Denmark were barely tested as they cruised to a 21-9, 22-20 win over Russia’s Vladimir Ivanov-Ivan Sozonov to lift the men’s doubles crown.