Towel grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Bone1977, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Bone1977

Bone1977 Regular Member

Ta
    Hi guys i don't like the grip on my racket it feels to thin. As i have only used towel grip before when i borrowed a racket i thought i would change mine.

Are grips just down to personal preference?
    is there advantages to certain grips?

i looked in our sports store today and saw several different types overgrip etc and tbh i ended up walking out as i was unsure.

If i do go for towel grip do i have to remove my current grip?

thanks

2. Lemrix

Lemrix New Member

HI,

on my old Yonex racket i used towel grip. I didnt remove orginal grip cause i wanted bigger grip size. It worked pretty well a rly liked the "towel feel" and my hand wasnt that sweaty.

But then i bought new racket Li-Ning (doesnt matter) and thought about something different. I diceded to purchase Yonex overgrip and holy moly i was surprised how much better is that. It doesnt make grip size so big. it feels rly amazing, no sweat at all and I would even say that it improve speed of changing grips in game (forehand, backhand etc.)

Hope its useful.
    Lemrix

3. Bone1977

Bone1977 Regular Member

Ta
    Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. I have just ordered some towel overgrip, Atleast i can try it.

I dont struggle with sweaty hands either i just liked the feel. I am also hoping it will give me something bigger to grip onto.