Doubles Racket Recomendation (Using AT500 currently)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Paxonator, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Paxonator

Paxonator Regular Member

My grey armortec 500 and is strung at 21lb. It is getting old and pretty banged up and I'm thinking I should retire it to my backup and get a new racket.

I'm a good playet as well as intense and tend to smash often. I'm not sure if I have the hardest smash in the club but I do get comments on my smash. So I must be doing something right in that category.

I like my racket from what I can tell but It's pretty much been the only racket I've ever used. I don't want to venture to far away and lose to much power. Which rackets would be similar to what I have currently?

My budget is around $200 and I was looking at the voltric line.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Probably VT70.....

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Is AT500 that flexi...? Nvr had the chance to try it...

4. Paxonator

Paxonator Regular Member

Just noticed I posted in the wrong sub forum and I have lots of spelling mistakes. Was in a rush before I had to work sorry.

I believe the at500 has a stiff shaft. I noticed the VT80 has a stiff shaft as well but it's fairly head heavy I believe.

I wonder if I should create a new thread in the write sub forum and close this one.

5. Paxonator

Paxonator Regular Member

So I did a little more digging and found my racket is around 86grams and is most likely a medium stiff shaft. Does that help narrow down which rackets I should be looking at?

Here's some more info about myself. We play twice a week for about 3-4 hours each time. I'm a 28 year old that weighs around 160lb. I'm not the best guy at the club but I'm not that far off. I attack more than defend and have a big swing for my smashes.

I had kind of picked out the VT70 or VT80 but many report the 80 being hard on your wrist due to the extra head heaviness. But I think the stiffer shaft would be more beneficial to me than the vt70's.

6. Paxonator

Paxonator Regular Member

I should add we use plastic birds at our club.