For those of you who have the Z-Force 2 (3U G4) what's your strings/tension??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dave55, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Dave55

Dave55 Regular Member

Plan on getting this racket and want to know what's a good setup?

2. Atcraz

Atcraz Regular Member

On a 4U: 28x30 using BG66UM and enjoying it.

Previously on BG80P same tension and find the feel rather muted.

3. Dave55

Dave55 Regular Member

What do you guys think about using 65ti on this racket??

4. leongwaipak

leongwaipak Regular Member

Accountant
    28x31 pound tension using BG80. Done by my friend on his drop weight 500 bucks machine with pre pull.

LCW edition 29 pounds also with BG80 but was strung by the local Yonex professional stringer on his $15k Yonex machine.

Imho i prefer the job done by my friend. The professional job is certainly tight but doesn't feel as nice to play with.

Both are 3u version racquets. The 4u version I have is strung at 27 pounds and doesn't feel as stiff or as strong when smashing with the 3u standard version.

5. Dave55

Dave55 Regular Member

High tension the way to go??

6. leongwaipak

Accountant
    Depends on how strong and how good your technique is.
    I'll struggle with the high tension when I'm off my game and a bit tired.

7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I have my ZF2 done at 25x25 with BG80, but I've heard the racket gets better with higher tensions. I'm not quite accurate or strong enough to justify going much higher.

8. AdrianBraganza

AdrianBraganza Regular Member

Part time coach.
    I have my 4UG4 ZF2 done 26x26 with the Carlton Xcelerate X67 string, black...The shuttle if the string is crisp enough playing with a Mavis 2000/500/350 when hit around the center, but if way off its unforgiving and the shot will be a wild one..Also the sound at 26x26 is strong..I always string a pound short of maximum limit printed on the racquet and keep the vertical and horizontal string at the same tension...

9. Dave55

Dave55 Regular Member

What are the pros and cons of stringing the vertical and horizontal strings at different tensions compared to keeping them the same?

10. edvine

edvine Regular Member

3U G4, 28 x 30 pre stretch with BG 80. Feel really good with it.

11. AdrianBraganza

Part time coach.

My point of view no real pro's or con's as all my racquets from my Yonex Carbonex 8600TI (20x20lbs), Carlton Ignite Fusion (27x27lbs) and now the Yonex Voltric Z Force II (26x26lbs) were all strung 1lbs short of the printed maximum..
    But on other forums for high tension stringing it keeps the racquet frame in shape (avoid warping)..And the cross string tension is higher as that's the weaving string..

12. leongwaipak

Accountant
    It maybe be just me but I personally think it plays better with a different tension between the cross and verticals.

When it's the same tension, the racquet does feel flat and less springy than I expect

#12 leongwaipak, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  13. Dave55

Dave55 Regular Member

I find that when its too springy my shots are not as accurate

14. AdrianBraganza

Part time coach.

Ok..I am just assuming you play mid and back court most of the time..Cause near the net you can't have springy cause any thing taken just below the tape, with a lose grip may also pop up for a net kill by the opponent..
    With my ZF2 strung at 26x26 I can play all round without issue and when there's a chance to smash with the wrist the tension is enough and controlled (Doubles I mostly smash into the body or just hit the lines when able to), also net drops and kills from just below the tape are more controlled, also a flat drop from the back of the court is more controlled..With a difference tension there may be a possibility of the shuttle of the string bed going too far and out of control off the string bed due to the springy feel..
    Just my opinion..

15. leongwaipak

Accountant
    26 pounds is too soft for me now. I've definitely gone up in tension last couple of years.
    I'll let you know when I need to restring again.

16. chienming

chienming Regular Member

manager
    I us ZFII-LCW-JP-4U-66F-26lb, it is perfect racket, when I got it first day, I order other two ZFII-LCW-JP-4U, because it is really need and favorite the best for me.

17. dabok

dabok Regular Member

Unemployed
    depend on how your plays.. as for me.. i more toward to feel my touch with the shuttlecock, so i use bg65ti (because of durability) and strung 31lbs my latest tension due to want more feel on net play and drop shot but sacrifice smash and clear shots... but i dont think it will be my max tension because i still have prob to control my net play huhuhuuhu.... or maybe it is the max tension if i can improve my swing control for the net play..

18. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So, I was using 25x25 BG 80.

I find I can't control the shuttle sufficiently at the net with BG80. I find the shuttle either clings to the string and doesn't move, or it repulses too high and enables an easy kill.

I changed my string to 26x26 BG 66UM. Oh my god I love it. It's so much easier to control, spin, and place the shuttle. It didn't feel like it was as powerful the BG80, but I felt like it had better shock absorption. The difference in power wasn't significant enough for me to consider changing back.

My Arcsaber still has BG80, and I still have the same problems with it (just incase someone says it's my technique that changed!)

#18 Charlie-SWUK, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I doubt that your bad net shots changed with only 1lbs increasing and a different string. Maybe it's a placebo effect. 450g isn't much. Someone poo at the morning weight more. :p

20. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    On 2 x 3UG4 one OG and one LCW (slightly stiffer than the OG) strung at 26x28 using BG66UM and loving it, clears, drives, smashes and feel all in sync, instant and direct but I find it very physically demanding. But it is still the best racket I have ever played.

Was using NBG98 same tension before found the touch and drives lacking but smash angles and defence was better, the reaction of the strings weren't as instant but it allowed far more control but with what I at least felt like there was a huge sacrifice of speed in returns.

However I still play with my OG ZF strung with NBG98 from time to time find it easier to manoeuvre and creating some crazy angles, especially when I don't feel a hundred percent physically.