User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try and ask the people that play because in different condition the shuttlecock's speed gets affected by the humidity of air whereas i live in melbourne where its REALLY dry shuttlecocks are like glass made

So you should buy shuttlecocks that are suitable at where you play

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoRice4U View Post
    Maybe you should try and ask the people that play because in different condition the shuttlecock's speed gets affected by the humidity of air whereas i live in melbourne where its REALLY dry shuttlecocks are like glass made

So you should buy shuttlecocks that are suitable at where you play
    In very dry conditions where the RH is very low, only old shuttlecocks will need some steaming. Fresh shuttlecocks do not need any steaming because their natural oils in the feathers and shafts are still there, unlike expired shuttlecocks that have lost their natural oils. Once the natural oils are gone then low humidity (dry conditions) will make the feathers very brittle, in which case you will have to resort to some steaming. But steaming or wetting the feathers will adversely affect the feathers' flight. After all birds don't like to fly or they don't fly well when it is raining. The same with wetting the feathers.
    The more distant you are from China, where most feather shuttles come from, the more likely you will use shuttles that are relatively old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    In very dry conditions where the RH is very low, only old shuttlecocks will need some steaming. Fresh shuttlecocks do not need any steaming because their natural oils in the feathers and shafts are still there, unlike expired shuttlecocks that have lost their natural oils. Once the natural oils are gone then low humidity (dry conditions) will make the feathers very brittle, in which case you will have to resort to some steaming. But steaming or wetting the feathers will adversely affect the feathers' flight. After all birds don't like to fly or they don't fly well when it is raining. The same with wetting the feathers.
    The more distant you are from China, where most feather shuttles come from, the more likely you will use shuttles that are relatively old.
    i know this cheap sh** guy in taiwan he sells like this taiwanese brand shuttlecocks (forgot the brand its the one with like the w) for $21 and i bet he gets them for like really cheap in taiwan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoRice4U View Post
    i know this cheap sh** guy in taiwan he sells like this taiwanese brand shuttlecocks (forgot the brand its the one with like the w) for $21 and i bet he gets them for like really cheap in taiwan
    I am sure shuttlecock from Taiwan will be unable to compete with shuttles from China, mainly due to higher costs in Taiwan. China is where you get real synergy between massive production capacity and massive domestic demand, and despite having to move their shuttles all over the globe to say distant places like the US or Canada they can still sell at a price lower than any locally produced shuttles, if you can still find them.
    Shuttles come in many grades, from very cheap to very expensive. You cannot compare a $20/doz shuttle with one that sells for $70/doz.
    Sometimes, even the best grades play like cheap shuttles, especially when demand exceeds supply and manufacturers sell "uncured" (shuttles that have not been allowed to set for at least 2 weeks) shuttles. Of late there have been shipments to many countries of "uncured" shuttles, without the importer being aware of the problem until they find their way to the eventual player, who will then wonder why it doesn't play as well as before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Taneepak,
    "uncured" (shuttles that have not been allowed to set for at least 2 weeks)

You mean the shuttle need to be "cured" before factory release out the shuttle? What actually "cured" mean? Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by csengguan View Post
    Hi Taneepak,
    "uncured" (shuttles that have not been allowed to set for at least 2 weeks)

You mean the shuttle need to be "cured" before factory release out the shuttle? What actually "cured" mean? Thanks.
    The finished feather shuttlecocks need to have all the glue/resin set in properly under conditions that will not evaporate any of the resin/glue. This takes two weeks in a special room. Less than two weeks, the shuttlecocks are not properly set or "cured", and when exposed to the environment will start to evaporate its resin/glue, with consequent loss of weight and a deviation of its aerodynamic specs. A shuttle that is designed to weigh 5g for say speed 77 will end up weighing 4.7g and its designed head to feathers weight ratio gets screwed up too. That is why sometimes an Aeroplane Black Label shuttle may play very well and then play lousy with a new batch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are in Malaysia around the KL or Seremban area you can contact a Mr Quek at 012-6802280 to try out the various grades of feather shuttles he has. You can get grades from inexpensive goose or duck feathers shuttles to very expensive tournament grade A+ goose feather shuttles, the latter being individually qc tested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are in Malaysia around the KL or Seremban area you can contact a Mr Quek at 012-6802280 to try out the various grades of feather shuttles he has. You can get grades from inexpensive goose or duck feathers shuttles to very expensive tournament grade A+ goose feather shuttles, the latter being individually qc tested.
    Well, great info you have. Appreciated it.

Will get some to try when I going back next month or before next year CNY that week.

Does he offer wide range of selection for different brand or with no brand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mostly shuttle cocks from china.... and i buy direct from china wholesale i have shuttle cocks yonex as 30... sale below market price...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can refer to the link below to see what brands of shuttlecocks most Malaysians use.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1206726

Most popular does not mean the best, but at least it is a safer choice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there. I am going to Penang this coming Friday. Do need some advise where to shop for badminton products around the island and main land. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Now in Penang, you can buy shuttlecock even in morning wetmarket. E.g Jelutong market, Datuk Keramat market, Jalan Perak market, etc.
    For regular shop, there exist more than 10 shop.

Introduce 2 of it, since I got they namecard:
    1) Georgetown area: Teong sports centre
    21, Kek Chuan Road, 10400 Penang

2) Bayan Baru area: Add-one Sports
    60, Jalan Mayang Pasir, Bayan Baru,
    11950 Penang
    [opposite Sunshine Square Shoping center]

I'm now using Tronex Gold/Yellow, bought it from wetmarket. Since price was reasonable and it was durable. It was new in Penang, however quality was good and also approved by WBF.

FYI, shuttlecock hawker in Penang move around. I did get the detail as below:
    Jelutong Market: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
    Datuk Keramat Market: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
    Jalan Perak Market: Sunday only.

Hope this helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    Hi there. I am going to Penang this coming Friday. Do need some advise where to shop for badminton products around the island and main land. Thanks.
    Hi, Hola4, where will you stay in Penang? I read your comments about RCL shuttlecocks before. If got chance, you can go to Mighty Sports in Macalister Road (Beside Safety Lighting OR 7 Eleven, 50metres from UMNO building), ask for RCL No.1 which is the best in all RCL models. Generally, RCL is cheaper in Penang compared to other places because it is so popular here and the price is competitive. So since you are in Penang, why not try it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by csengguan View Post
    Now in Penang, you can buy shuttlecock even in morning wetmarket. E.g Jelutong market, Datuk Keramat market, Jalan Perak market, etc.
    For regular shop, there exist more than 10 shop.

Introduce 2 of it, since I got they namecard:
    1) Georgetown area: Teong sports centre
    21, Kek Chuan Road, 10400 Penang

2) Bayan Baru area: Add-one Sports
    60, Jalan Mayang Pasir, Bayan Baru,
    11950 Penang
    [opposite Sunshine Square Shoping center]

I'm now using Tronex Gold/Yellow, bought it from wetmarket. Since price was reasonable and it was durable. It was new in Penang, however quality was good and also approved by WBF.

FYI, shuttlecock hawker in Penang move around. I did get the detail as below:
    Jelutong Market: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
    Datuk Keramat Market: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
    Jalan Perak Market: Sunday only.

Hope this helpful.

Thanks csengguan for your recommendation. I will try to get some Tronex shuttlecock to try out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Hi, Hola4, where will you stay in Penang? I read your comments about RCL shuttlecocks before. If got chance, you can go to Mighty Sports in Macalister Road (Beside Safety Lighting OR 7 Eleven, 50metres from UMNO building), ask for RCL No.1 which is the best in all RCL models. Generally, RCL is cheaper in Penang compared to other places because it is so popular here and the price is competitive. So since you are in Penang, why not try it?

Hi Tommy. Thanks for your advise. I plan to get RCL titanium and No.1 for my regular group to test up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Mr. Quek sells shuttles of a particular brand or are they so called OEM shutles, which are unbranded?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jk1980 View Post
    Does Mr. Quek sells shuttles of a particular brand or are they so called OEM shutles, which are unbranded?
    He has a few grades, from low cost to competition grade. What is more you can just buy one shuttle of each grade from him to test them out first before buying in lots of dozens.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast