User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My smash follow through has often caught the fingers of my non-racquet hand. That smarts.

Here's another one.
    When defending against a smash, do you sometimes end up playing a shot behind you? For me it is usually because I defend backhand, and when the smash is aimed at my racquet side hip. If I can't take the shuttle in front of my, I do the bullfighter thing where you move the body out of the way and hit the shuttle after it has gone past the body. The other day I did this and really whipped the racquet to drive the shuttle back rather than block it to the net. Unfortunately my follow through was onto my arse. The impact of the frame left a big red line (which could have been hard to explain)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During one session of badminton, one of our members (nickname: Chinese Assasin) attempted to hit a backhand drive. Only problem was, that his partner was standing right next to him. Chinese Assasin hit his partner just above the eye splitting the skin. blood was pouring everywhere and his partner had to go to hospital for eight hours to get the skin above his eye stiched. Hence the nickname Chinese Assasin.

Who ever said badminton was a non-contact sport was lying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or haven't live life to the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie
    Who ever said badminton was a non-contact sport was lying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems to be a very common mishap among badders. Theoratically, it shouldn't happen if the player uses the non-racquet arm as a counterbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    My smash follow through has often caught the fingers of my non-racquet hand. That smarts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    That seems to be a very common mishap among badders. Theoratically, it shouldn't happen if the player uses the non-racquet arm as a counterbalance.
    I think it happens more when I smash when I haven't got into the correct position. If the shuttle is out to the right of you and you haven't gotten behind it, I think the normal shot is to rotate so that you have racquet arm back, but when you play the shot you dont rotate back. You play the shot with the body facing sideways. The follow through should then be more in the vertical plane.
    Sometimes I don't get the initial rotation in and try to play the smash whilst still facing forwards. The follow through then comes across the body more, towards the left hand (ouch!)
    Either bad footwork, or bad technique, or laziness, or combination thereof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I few months ago i sprained my angle the first time of my career (17y.).
    There war situation that threre was and very easy ball to kill on the net and i jump litle bit and land straigt to my angle... as lucky just a few string was cut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... personnaly I hit myself mainly on the quad in my follow through... But once, I jump cleared in the back of the court (the bird was out) but a guy was like 3 feet away from the court and I fell on his arm....
    Then I heard a little *crouch* and I said : OH SORRY....
    I broke his arm...
    lol
    btw this happen 3 month ago... and he his ok now

Canada. China. Sweden. I do live in many places, yes...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been hit in the EAR!!!! My partner was smashing behind me and i was infront of the net. It felt like some monkey jumped up and bit me. IT HURTS!!!!!! My ear was burning for 30 minutes.

I've been hit on the shoulder,..face, back. head...tummy. they dont hurt, cuz XXL t-shirts helps

I keep hitting myself on my left knee at the same spot. I dont know if i hit it or i got it by scratching my knee on the floor from leeping trying to get a drop shot. It will never heal because i play too often and it hurts !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a friend of mind swing his racket direct to his partner face when both of them rushing for the shuttle as a result his partner had a swollen face and have to rest for couple of weeks!is that incredible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S H Yeoh
    Badminto injuries can be caused by your opponent, your partner or by yourself.

If the shuttle is high over the net and your opponent rushes like an express train to whack the shuttle, please duck or just turn your back. Don't be a hero and risk an eye injury.

Never look behind you to see what your parner is gonna do with the shuttle. He may hit a cross-court drive right into your eye. I was hit several times but luckily at the back of my head.

A shuttle between partners always causes problems. A shout like "LET" or "YOURS" may help.

How many of you have accidentally hit yourself, usually on the fingers of the non-racket hand?
    I'm new to this chat thing but I saw your comments and decided to sign up for membership. What about the more serious injuries such as tendonitis and other forearm injuries? How do you stop those?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better techniques and moderation in your participation!

Quote Originally Posted by soldierplayer
    I'm new to this chat thing but I saw your comments and decided to sign up for membership. What about the more serious injuries such as tendonitis and other forearm injuries? How do you stop those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about badminton injuries, in my case, mostly come from my shoes and my partner.
    Shoes, if not tied firm enough, I can almost certain I will sprain my ankles. Most of the time are minor and the injuries go away in few days.

Partner, this is most interesting. One partner who I regularly play with at the club swings his racket like he is playing singles. A few times, we were in defense position and he returned a smash with backhand "swing". The swing followed its full path from left, all the way to the right making a 180 degree half circle, and it hit my arms, head, sometimes, legs...anything you can think of. This happens so many times that I have to maintain at least few feet distance from him on the court.

Another partner, also very "dangerous" guy. When he fixes his eyes on a shot, noone can stop him. He would make a full power swing into your head even though the shot does not belong to him, especially coming right in the middle. Man, we crashed few times in the past and he almost broke my MP 99 !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hit ur partner back

When I used to play mixed, I slap my partner's butt with my raquet if she misses her shots.

hope she didnt end up with an injury after the season lol

hahahha jks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was once warming up to play a match and was loosening my wrists up by flicking my racquet about in all directions.....my mind wandered and I painfully hit myself where it hurts THE most. Needless to say it brought my partner and opposition (who were friends of mine) great pleasure to see me crouching down taking deep breaths!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk
    I was once warming up to play a match and was loosening my wrists up by flicking my racquet about in all directions.....my mind wandered and I painfully hit myself where it hurts THE most. Needless to say it brought my partner and opposition (who were friends of mine) great pleasure to see me crouching down taking deep breaths!!

watch out next time heheheheh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i kept on hitting myself on the knee, and i had bruises for like a week

last week, while playing a match, my partner hit the birdie right between our opponent's leg, that XXX area, dunno if it hurts but it sure is really embarrassing since we r playing on the court right in front of the audience stand

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheez! Just today, I managed to hit myself on the non-racquet elbow while trying to retrieve a baseline fast clear Mia-Audina style. There's still a sore reddish dot right on the bloody knuckle of the elbow.

LiLYu, it's not too bad if you get hit there... just pray that the other guy/gal doesn't have a speeding bullet of a smash. Most of the time, the bagginess of the shorts/trackpant cushions the shot. I think Jimbouk's experience tops the embarassing AND painful experience catagory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast