User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys

I wonder whether you have experienced this injury before, self-inflicted I think, and what remedies can you offer, apart from rest, rest and more rest.

Just directly opposite my left knee, at the back, I have this nagging pain which made my left leg rather heavy and interfered with my movements. I had this before and it just came back without warning 2 weeks ago. When I woke up this morning I could hardly walk. Admittedly I had a few games yesterday afternoon. I wonder whether foot reflexology massage will do the trick?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! Maybe a light knee pad/brace might help alot in this regard since you have consistently hit it at the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingPower
    I keep hitting myself on my left knee at the same spot. I dont know if i hit it or i got it by scratching my knee on the floor from leeping trying to get a drop shot. It will never heal because i play too often and it hurts !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Loh,

Perhaps it's a mild ligament sprain? It's your pushing leg right(assuming that you're a right hander)? I think rest from baddy should clear up the problem. Perhaps work in some leg exercises targeting that specific area when the pain is gone.

Here's a link on ACL injury:

http://health.allrefer.com/health/an...l-degrees.html

Another link on PCL injury:
    http://health.allrefer.com/health/po...jury-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Loh

Hi Guys

I wonder whether you have experienced this injury before, self-inflicted I think, and what remedies can you offer, apart from rest, rest and more rest.

Just directly opposite my left knee, at the back, I have this nagging pain which made my left leg rather heavy and interfered with my movements. I had this before and it just came back without warning 2 weeks ago. When I woke up this morning I could hardly walk. Admittedly I had a few games yesterday afternoon. I wonder whether foot reflexology massage will do the trick?

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by cappy75; 05-03-2004 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ken3682002
    a friend of mind swing his racket direct to his partner face when both of them rushing for the shuttle as a result his partner had a swollen face and have to rest for couple of weeks!is that incredible?
    Did the partner asked your friend to hit the other side of the face? Just to balance it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just I found out that my so called wrist injury is a bad fracture of my wrist bone.
    Damn,it will take quite some time.I found some information regarding moved bones at the wrist and found out its called atrithis if im not wrong,I noticed the side of my wrist is bumpy while the other hand is not,and also i also have a feeling that my right hand seems a little dislocated.Everytime I twist my wrist I can hear a *krak krak krak* sound quite loudly.That really makes me think that the bone of my wrist IS really dislocated.Gotta be me doing strokes the wrong way when im playing kinda hardcore last year(I'm also a very hard hitter).
    So...is it possible to be cured by self treatment ?

Replies would be greatly thanked
    Anyhow thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's not really such a thing as a dislocated bone. A dislocation is where the bones that make up a joint (eg. the ball/socket joint of the shoulder) become separated. It is not an injury to the bone as such - only to the joint system.

It don't believe that it is possible to dislocate a wrist.

A fracture is damage to a bone. A "break" is a fracture where there the bone is split into two separate pieces.

It's obvious that you don't have a medical background, so self-diagnosis or diagnosis via a website forum is not going to be very useful. You should consult a doctor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...
    I think i will consult a medical advises then..
    Anyways thx for the reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ouch

I also discovered it's not a good idea to jump up for a smash and land on your ankle, I mean how in the blue hell do you manage to twist your foot in enough to actually land on your ankle?

Anyway it's very sore and leaves you with a weak ankle which just buckles over without giving you any notice regardless of where you are and what you are doing! NOT GOOD!!

And after 4 weeks the pain is less but it's still weakened and I can't play badminton without a plastic ankle brace with hinged part to support my ankle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, Dill... I was doing a flick serve return on tuesday night when I slightly rolled on my racquet-side ankle. Luckily, I wasn't jumping too high otherwise it would have been worse. Ankle still feels abit sore and stiff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you apply anything for that at all? After the mishap, I regularly applied Flexall Muscle Menthol Gel and it felt much better.

Also, for the rest of you guys... which muscle gel would you apply after a mild roll of the ankles? Heat or Cold ones? I have both but can't seem to make up my mind which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    I also discovered it's not a good idea to jump up for a smash and land on your ankle, I mean how in the blue hell do you manage to twist your foot in enough to actually land on your ankle?

Anyway it's very sore and leaves you with a weak ankle which just buckles over without giving you any notice regardless of where you are and what you are doing! NOT GOOD!!

And after 4 weeks the pain is less but it's still weakened and I can't play badminton without a plastic ankle brace with hinged part to support my ankle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apply more badminton approx 3-4 times a week and some coaching just so it never has a chance to rest or get better!

When it happened it was a week before a tournament and I put the old ice pack on it which helped and I also put ibuprofen gel on it and also took ibuprofen tablets just in case!

It was getting better but I had 2 competitions in 2 weekends one after the other and I don't think it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahaa, ihave a bruised nail, anyone ever have that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injuries i've had:

Self inflicted: every one of my fingers for my racquet hand. back of my left knee, my lower back, shoulder, upper arm, left leg and foot.

From Opponent: in the forehead, the face (most places), ear, basically wherever a smash can go

From Partner: head, ear, neck, back

Inflicted on others: front and back Neck, eye, leg, stomach, knee, arm, back, hand...

basically everything. I haven't broken anything yet...which is a blessing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few days ago, whilst playing mixed doubles, my wife did a short backhand smash near the net and the shuttle hit the girl on the other side, who was near the net, right in the eye. She let out a loud distress cry and there was some slight bleeding from inside her right eye and she couldn't see very well. She was on soft contact lens. Maybe her cornea was peforated. An ambulance came to take her to the hospital nearby and she was given some initial treatment and then referred to an ENT hospital two days later. We hope it is not serious but will monitor her situation closely. Makes us feel really bad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Just a few days ago, whilst playing mixed doubles, my wife did a short backhand smash near the net and the shuttle hit the girl on the other side, who was near the net, right in the eye. She let out a loud distress cry and there was some slight bleeding from inside her right eye and she couldn't see very well. She was on soft contact lens. Maybe her cornea was peforated. An ambulance came to take her to the hospital nearby and she was given some initial treatment and then referred to an ENT hospital two days later. We hope it is not serious but will monitor her situation closely. Makes us feel really bad.
    This sounds like a subconjunctival haemorrage, which will settle over a few days Of course, it could be something worse, but it's not likely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3