Listen up! Badminton Players around the world

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by desmond, May 13, 2001.

1. desmond

desmond Guest

badminton players around the world,i knowe a lot of you must hate the newly introduced 5X7 system.let's stop it before it is offically introduced into your country.noone would want that to haoppen,right?those who agree with me,let's each send a letter to the IBF(international badminton association) to ban it.together we shall disallow it ot be introduced in your country.spread the words to your friends too asking them to help.give your comments 1st to this thread.i want to see how the reactions are first.

2. Dimo

Dimo Guest

I like the 5 x 7 format! What is so good about 3 x 15 anyway? It's more forgiving of errors that's for sure but in 5 x 7 you must really focus and cannot afford mistakes.

3. Wedge

Wedge Guest

omfg

5x7 sux

there is nothing wrong w/15x3 so why change it

TV coverage is important to the growth of a sport, but not at the price of making major changes to rules and scoring.. that really dont' need to be done

think about Tennis.. a match can last anywhere from 2 hours to over 5 hours .. u dont' see Tennis associations changing the rules (to shorten games) just to please TV audiences.

what the IBF is doing is really not fair to the Millions of Badminton players around the world .. they are deciding for us how we shoudl play our sport.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Actually Wedge, the WTA did change the rules recently regarding set tiebreakers to quicken the matches. I forget the exact changes, though. Not sure if the ATP will do/has done the same for mens' tennis.

5. Wedge

Wedge Guest

i thought the introduction of tiebreaks was to make it more exciting .. not shorten the total length of a match.

anyways they should be making Badminton a more difficult game .. not an easier one .. Tennis gets a great deal of respect as a sport because of the fitness and mental toughnes required to play at the top levels.

Badminton doesn't get this same respect .. at least not in my country
    People think that Badminton is not much of a sport,,

In truth Badminton is as we all know a very demanding sport but people that have never seen it played Professionally dont' believe that this is the case

making the game shorter in my opinion is Not a good thing, i would like to think that Badminton can be as tough a sport as tennis , and it can be but not by making it shorter (and thus less phsycally demanding)

in the end i dont' like the idea of changing rules of a worldwide sport that have lasted for over 100 years just to please tv network executives. Badminton matches dont' last nearly as long as tennis and the action is more exciting (in my opinion) yet they want to shorten it .. wtf

6. Dhitto

Dhitto Guest

Problem is..

The new format will actually make it a really dull game to watch. When there's no room for errors, who would try all fancifull shots that make the game so special and exciting?

Everyone would be playing like most of the Korean and Indonesian players ... more like robots, without any speck of life in their game.

Is it worth it?

I doubt it.

7. Wedge4Life

Wedge4Life Guest

Re: Problem is..

Well it won't make it a better sport
    thats for sure ;p

8. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Re: Problem is..

Are the Indonesians playing like robot??

9. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    Jeez, this new rules sux....

I for one will never play 5x7 in my badminton group and I guess neither anyone of my group will be playing such rules too. This is ridiculous!

Anyway we can appeal?

10. May

May Guest

Actually, the IBF doesn't know wut it's talking abt in the first place. It's not the shorter games, but the fact dat few ppl understand da game. If ppl don't understand it, naturally they won't watch it.