Yonex Voltric 80 vs Yonex Z Force vs. Dynamic Voltaic 88?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AreYouEvenMad, Feb 7, 2015.

1. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

Hello everyone :D

I`m currently using a Yonex Voltric Omega, but I feel like the racket doesnt give me much power, so I`m looking for a new one. Generally I prefer more offensive rackets. At a local shop, the seller first showed me the Voltric 80 and the Voltric Z-Force. Both rackets felt really good, but i cant really tell if there`s any big difference between these two. To me, the Voltric 80 felt a bit more head-heavy and overall lighter than the Z-Force. Besides that, is there any big difference? I`ve heard that the frame of the Z-Force is a bit stiffer than the VT80. Is that correct?

At the shop, the guy also showed me a racket called "Dynamic Voltaic 88", but actually I've never heard anything about this racket/company before, and I hardly can find any information about them. To me, the racket seems to be a "copy" of the Voltric 80, since it feels quite similar and also the design and name is quite similar, but it costs almost 50€ less, which is quite a lot for me. Does anyone have any experience with this racket? I don`t mind spending more money on a better racket, but I dont want to waste my money just to pay for the name and the logo^^ Thanks, and sorry for my bad english ;)

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I would go to the voltaic 88 and actually work on your technique please remember the racquet will assist you in power but it's all about you (;

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    For me personally, switching from an Arcsaber to a Z Force II changed my game massively. Not because the racket was 'better' or anything, but being a head heavy, stiff racket, with a small head, I had to improve my form to be able to use the racket properly. It's not forgiving to poor technique, and since buying it a little over a month ago my smashes have gone from lazy bent arm smashes to that lovely cracking smash.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you feel your power is off, maybe it's about the technique; but I certainly found having a less forgiving racket helped me with that.

4. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

The only "problem" I have with the Voltaic is, that I just cant find any information about the racket or the manufacturer. I cant even find their website or something like that. Of course its cheaper than a Yonex, but it still costs around 95€ and actually I dont want to buy a racket for that much money if I know absolutely nothing about it. It's like, if I buy a Yonex at least I know what I get^^

BTW, I know that the racket doesnt really help me, if I have a poor technique. But it`s not because I dont have the right technique, i just feel like I could do much better with a better racket^^ And like Charlie-SWUK said, I also think that using a less forgiving racket can help to improve your technique (my coach told me the same^^). But the problem is, since there arent any information about the Voltaic, i dont really know if I can get the same effect with it.

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Try to get to demo it.

6. BadSID

BadSID Regular Member

I suggest you avoid Dynamic Voltaic 88, never heard of that one before. Both VZF-II and Voltric 80 are fine racquets, however, purely from the perspective of ease of use and getting the most out of your racquet, Voltric 80 would suit a majority of the players out there.

Oh, by the way, avoid the Z-Force (the original version), unless, you get a kick out of using very stiff and head-heavy racquet. Personally I've tried my friend's Z-Force (3U) and found it to be rather unwieldy and a compromise while playing at the net.

7. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    See chances are that the voltaic is as good as a real yonex one but not necessarily similar . Once you go in the mid to upper level segment each racket has something to offer and not massive differences int terms of quality . it all boils down to personal preference and playing style . Having said that for a clone every other manufacturer like Fleet,Ashaway,Apac and various other are sellling at 30 to 40 % of an original Yonex because yonex is over priced anyways . So I wont be paying for a clone which is above say 60 pounds even if it is a complete replica .