Thwack Thuderbird Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sh_shashi1, Feb 7, 2015.

1. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Dear All,

Thwack is an Indian brand with scope and market targeting similar to Apacs, Fleet etc. I recently heard about them and also heard that they are doing some real good thing and also tied with Chinese ex shuttler Guabao for developing racket for them . I recently ordered a Thunderbird Racket which costed me dead cheap 40$ when one of my friend who have used BS15 and T9000 told that is better in terms of raw power and control . It is a stiff 3U ( 87-80 gms) head heavy ( HM carbon grahite ) racket with designed to deliver the swing for the most offensive style . He told me its a beast and the best he ever tried . I will get it and post pictures and my 2 cents about it .

2. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student

Finally got my Thunderbird racket and tried it on the court for 2 hours . Boy it is a beast !!.

The racket looks nice and sober in black and wine red with white and a black shaft . True to its style of a hidden beast . View attachment 166569

It was strung with BG65 at 30lbs 1 piece bottom up on ES5 pro .

Coming to racket construction .

It has a box frame with voltric design with bulge at 6,10 and 2 o clock and is very strong . it will be ok at 34lbs . The shaft is slim 7mm with 7.5-8 stiffness and Dry BP at 295mm . It share is characteristics with voltric 80 but with a slight more stiffness but less than NS9900 . The weight is 86-90 gms and what I measured is 98 gms with over grip and string .

Coming to play .

Clears were as usual very nice and solid , not that solid as a ZF . Speed wise it is a winner since its weight is not to much and slim shaft really helps . This racket really shines when coming to smashes and drop shots . Smashes really packs a lot of punch and more than VT80 . The weight along with stiffness really puts all in the shuttle and the shuttle goes like boom . The racket has little vibration which really helps when coming to drop shots . You can actually feel the string bed slicing the feathers and it gives a lot of confidence since you can control the angle of drop shots. How ever it can be annoying since when you hit the sweet spot ( Little big due to stretched isometric frame ) it is ok but very punishing when you miss it . This racket demands correct technique but rewarding with lively crisp feeling .

Power - 9/10
    Control-9.5/10
    Defence -8.5/10
    Ease of use - 7.5/10

Xiong Guo Bao work on this brand really showing . It can be sure that none can go wrong with this racket when it comes to raw power and control.