Replacements for Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dtduncant, Feb 10, 2015.

1. dtduncant

dtduncant Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone, I am looking for rackets that are similar to the Victor Super Waves 35 (stiff and head heavy rackets) since it is discontinued. I currently only have one left in my racket bag and I would like to acquire similar rackets to use as backup.

Thanks for reading!

2. No_footwork

No_footwork Regular Member

Accountant
    Are you okay with buying online? I think Badminton Avenue still has the 4U version. I've bought a couple from these guys and they are legit. They are out of Northern California.

http://www.badmintonavenue.com/Victor-Super-Wave-35-Badminton-Racket-p/super wave 35.htm

I am also interested in what people have to say because I have a 3U SW35 myself and it's my favorite racket. I find myself not using this as much because I am afraid I will break it on a clash.

3. dtduncant

dtduncant Regular Member

Student
    I will look into that. Thanks for the reply! I mostly play singles so I don't really worry too much about clashes but when I play mixed doubles, I use my TK8000

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    As a SW35 user for years, IMO the MX80 is the logical replacement. MX80 is a tad stiffer, but only a tiny bit, headweight and heavyness is the same. MX80 is a bit more aerodynamic. The Thruster Series is the replacement for the Super Waves but IMO their is no Thruster which has a compareable stiffness and feel.

5. dtduncant

dtduncant Regular Member

Student
    What about TK7000S? Love the looks and the specs seem pretty good? I do like the head weight of the TK8000 but I want something stiffer and I wonder if TK7000S would work...

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

As a SW35 user (going back a while now) I've tried a lot of rackets to find something to move on to. Unfortunately, after much trial and error, it's regrettable that nothing really comes close.

MX80 is super stiff, I tried RKEP XP70 too, but although its quicker it wasn't as powerful and lacked that finishing punch the SW35 had. Even had a go with a Z Force II for three months and that wasn't very successful. Eventually, I went back to a 900T. Moral of the story, nothing beats the classics. I'm going to sample a TK9000 and see how that goes. Hopefully, it'll be somewhat similar (for me at least) to a SW35.

7. dtduncant

dtduncant Regular Member

Student
    I agree. Even though I tried many others like VT80, VT ZF and MX90. None of them felt as good as the SW35. I wish Victor didnt discontinue it :(

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

tk9k is a great racket in its own right. Not sure if I'm that much better since I tried sw35, but I sold that racket on shortly after buying it (2yrs+ ago) - too head heavy and too stiff for me, however I'm getting on very well with the tk9k

I would say there are similarities between the thruster and the sw35, not at all between sw35 and mx-jjs or mx90, though

#8 amleto, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    From experience nothing comes close to the SW35. The TK9000 at most matched it for overall power but plays nothing the same at all. Vastly different balances as well as the 35 is only mildly head heavy in comparison to the 9000. Truth be told if you really like the 35 the best option is to stock up on it because there's no true replacement. This is all from recent experience as I too still play with the 35 and only recently sold the last TK9000 I'll ever try.

Stiffness wise the MX80 is the closest being half a notch stiffer. Balance wise is hard to say. I find that several victor rackets come close but none feel the same. The closest was the SW37 followed by the MX80, TK8000 and JJS in no particular order. It was more about finding the right copy from QC tolerance to fit the glove from those 3.

10. No_footwork

No_footwork Regular Member

Accountant
    Agree that the TK9000 is not remotely the same as the SW35. SW35 is clearly the better racket imo.

11. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    You can try the Li ning n90 II very similar to the siw35. (I have both but like the n90 II better)