Left handed stringers!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Super85, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I'm left handed and usually like to have my crank machine on the left side when I stringing and that's works fine, but now I'm waiting on an Wise to arrive and those are made for to operate just on the right side. I tried this with my crank today an that did'nt worked for me! I have seen many stringers on Youtube with electronic machines, but all of them are setup on the right side.

Is it just me who strings with the tensioner on the left side, or do we (special) left'ers have to learn to do it right side!

Please give some input and tips if you recognize my problem!

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    You could string with the tensioner on the left side with the Wise, you'll just have to go on the other side of the machine to change tension and other settings :p

Your only other solutions will be to learn how to do it right side or have one made for lefties! heh

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Ooh....I would like that! ;)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    while i try to optimize my stringing flow, i have pondered about how the stringer is positioned relative to the stringing machine orientation matters.

one thing i notice is that each hand has their own job and while there is a certain dominance there isn't one hand that is more dominance in all tasks.

weaving is obvious, we need both hands/fingers to weave.

i use my right hand to engage the tensioner.

but i also use my left hand to pull the string while the tension is engaged.

i also sometimes use my left hand to rotation the turn table.

i use my right hand to hold the pliers/awls.

so it seems to be which is more practiced. certainly most of the job require such fine control (except maybe using plier/awl), certainly engaging the tensioner isn't that hard to learn,

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I'm a left handed wise user and I use it the wrong way around, I don't think it really adds any time. You just get used to it.