New to this Game

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by The Moose, Feb 12, 2015.

1. The Moose

The Moose New Member

Hello all!

Well, when I say I'm new to this game, I've played it for years on and off, however I've always just grabbed a nearest racket and cracked on.

I've started playing once a week and would like to buy something a little better. I'm in no doubt that the racket I'll buy will be better than I am, however I don't see that being an issue! I can't use all the performance of my Porsche (at least not in a controlled manor), but I still enjoy playing!!

I've found this racket buying process to be quite complex - do I want Titanium, Graphite or Carbon (or something else)?! etc etc etc

So, to the question - what racket should I buy?

Budget wise, a nominal budget of £30-£40 seems to buy something worth playing with - I don't need the absolute latest greatest racket from 2015. For that budget on my favourite shopping site (Amazon) you seem to be able to buy a racket from known brands.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers

The Moose

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

up your budget to £60 and you can have one of my user-friendly Victor meteor x60 (mx60). This was a £110 (online price) racket ~1year ago. /shameful advertising

failing that, I'd definitely consider the yonex voltric 5

Do you play at the wycombe centre?

3. The Moose

The Moose New Member

Forgive me for asking, but why are you recommending those 2 rackets?

I'd prefer to know why I'm buying what I'm buying if that makes sense - I like to make informed decisions!