Victor Jetspeed S Ahmad

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Feb 18, 2015.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey everybody,

I'm curious why this racket don't have an own thread. I'm not a fan of signature rackets, but this Jetspeed sounds very tempting.
    Other Jetspeeds lacks of feel. Maybe because of Zxion (8,9) or don't came as 3U (10).
    Maybe somebody has one yet and like to share pictures and review this racket.

Here are some pictures:

2014111018232885392.jpg
    2014111018232334007.jpg
    Liliyana-n-Ahmad.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [h=3]Product Spec[/h] [TABLE="class: table-spec"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Shaft Material:[/TD]
    [TD]Ultra High Modulus Graphite+PYROFIL by Mitsubishi+7.0 SHAFT[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Frame Material:[/TD]
    [TD]Ultra High Modulus Graphite + Nano Fortify[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]String tension LBS:[/TD]
    [TD]≤ 28 lbs(12.5 Kg)
    ≤ 27 lbs(12 Kg)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Weight / Grip Size:[/TD]
    [TD]3U/G4、G5
    4U/G5[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Length:[/TD]
    [TD]675 mm[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Balance:[/TD]
    [TD]HH ○○●○○ HL[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150px"]Stiffness:[/TD]
    [TD]S ○●○○○ F[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"] Racket Response Indicator:[​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

IMO this racket deserves a own thread. Feel free to discuss about this new racket.:) Reviews are also welcome.

Cheers.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh I just find that this and the JS Natsir are probably simply improvements over the 8PS and 8ST. Good spec but not worth the cash. Their resale value is also most unlikely to hold well. Paint job is hit or miss for consumers too.

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think Jetspeed Ahmad and Natsir rackets are more popular in indonesia than else where !

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Grandmaster Ch1ko can you tell something about the feel? 8PS was a really dull, dead und numb stick. If they changed the feel it's IMO a great improvement for the Jetspeed line.
    If they are worth the cash must everybody decide. IMO a 8PS with the good old direct Victor feeling would be a gorgeous racket. I don't try and sell, I try, buy and keep my rackets til they are broken. So resale value is not an issue, but everybody must decide on his own how he do his bizznizz. :cool:

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    With your logic every signature must only be a big seller in the country of the player. Ahmad and Natsir are high ranked players, which are popular, when you look every international tournament.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course of course. The biggest failure they had coming out with the JS 8s was that the feel was such a massive let down compared to the last 3 major series of rackets they came up with. Personally I'm on the fence on getting a JS 9 in 3U to try as it's basically a combination of technology that you see in the JS Ahmad and 8PS.

What worries me is that the ZXION in the frame is the main culprit for this numb feel and it's good to see it go in the Ahmad and Natsir as well as the JS10. At least initial reviews so far have bode really well in terms of feel alone with the 10 which doesn't have the ZXION. I'm definitely going to get a JS10 to test. If that goes well then I can probably be convinced to go a step further to the Ahmad.

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You seem to have the same philosophy (problem) as me. Buy and never sell - which is why I'm up to about 70 racquets now! lol

The ahmad seems to have a more rounder head than usual? It's a really good looking racquet, I don't like the gold part of the shaft but the two tone red looks great. Not sure about the spec of the natsir but the green looks nice too.

Victor have been quite good with the signature racquets I have tried. Although they do share some similarities with other racquets in the range, they are actually different and unique. Take the BSLYD, BSLHI and MXJJS, they are all different to other racquets in the range but clearly share some traits from the range which I really like. Yonex on the other hand, simply repaint a standard racquet in a new colour and market it as "special".

8. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Wow, this looks like a clone of the Z Speed! I guess Victor ran out of color swatches on this one...

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Colours are limited, and colourways that work are also limited, painting process of a racket limit their colourshemes too. Ask yourself how many colours you know without any shades. It seems that your are new to the game. ;) There are a bunch of rackets with "close" colours. What about the wooden era or the time when most rackets were black? Nobody cared. I don't get your point.
    Btw. Nothing can be more numb than a Z-speed, so the Jetspeed Ahmad can only shine, if you need to compare them.

10. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Haha no bro. Been playing for 25 years :) from a Carbonex 8 / Carlton Aerogear 100. Not a great player by any means, but I work in a design field, so am interested in both the engineering and aesthetics of badminton equipment.

As a Z Speed owner myself, I'm quite sure the playability for the Ahmad will be better (although the Z Speed after a few months of use is a solid racket), as will the paint quality!

Uncanny resemblances in design aesthetics aside, it's really interesting to see how Victor has been innovating in its engineering, while Yonex has been, should I say, resting on its laurels?

Ultimately, the consumer (and racket maniacs like us) is the winner :)

11. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    (I AM relatively new to the forum though, and sometimes I wonder where I've been all these years!)

12. GF_Flex

GF_Flex Regular Member

IT
    Can anyone provide a review on this please? Would be interested to know how the Jetspeed Ahmad compares to the mx90, tk9000 or bravesword 12?

Thanks

#12 GF_Flex, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  13. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Had the chance to test this racket today - was pitching it head to head with the JS10. Both 4U/G5.

Initial thoughts, The Ahmad felt more head heavy and also stiffer than the 10, despite the 10 being stiffer on the RRI. I felt it more difficult extracting the power from the Ahmad. However, when i did catch a smash it certainly went. To me the JS10 played a lot quicker. The Ahmad was very accurate and was often able to land the shuttle exactly where I was aiming.

In comparison to the BS12 - I have the gen 1 blue BS12 and the Ahmad feels a lot stiffer and head heavy for me - the 12 is a lot easy to get power from and is a slightly quicker in the mid court.

Compared to a 4U MX90 - its been to long since I used the MX90 - when I get my MX90 back perhaps Ill try and do a comparison.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Great :) [MENTION=66823]Benwilluk[/MENTION] Sound like the Ahmad is the headheavier banger than the JS10. Will fit my liking better. You don't have any data like swing weight or overallweight? Regardless if dry or wet. [MENTION=66823]Benwilluk[/MENTION] what is your go-to? Sounds like you don't profit from to stiff racket, if I'm not wrong?

15. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    You are right - I am not into really stiff rackets and that is why I love the JS Natsir and was surprised I like the 10 so much - given the RRI.

I had a 4U Ahmad and this weighed in at 88g strung with a factory grip on. It had a BP of approx 303mm.

Sorry - no idea how to measure swing weight but all I can say is it felt noticeably heavier to play with compared to the JS10 which weighed 87g. IMO!

16. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

How did the JS Natsir play for you? Was it too head light?

17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thanks alot [MENTION=66823]Benwilluk[/MENTION] Can you tell us something about the availability in Europe? When, Price etc? What about the feel? Would you rate the feel of the JS10 or Ahmad higher?

18. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Is your Natsir 4U? Could you give a comparison to 8ST?

19. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    To me the Natsir is a good step up from the JS 8 ST - there is more feedback through the racket it there isn't the numb feeling you get with the original Jetspeeds.

My Natsir is about 4-5mm head heavier than my JS 8 ST in the same 4U weight. This thing is lightning around the front and could also pack a punch from the back.

#19 Benwilluk, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Natsir, Ahmad and JS10 are available now - if retailers have decided to stock them! JS10 is approx £139.99 with the other two around £130 I believe.

Feel is a tough one - speed wise the 10 definitely wins - however the Ahmad has a nice solid feel to it.