MP 29 lite or Voltric 5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dexter1x, Feb 18, 2015.

1. dexter1x

dexter1x New Member

Software Engg
    Hi,

I am an intermediate level player, Please suggest which one to buy among those as I am slightly offensive player.Kindly suggest among these or a better version.

Thanks

2. dmurf

dmurf Regular Member

Hi Dexter,

I'm sure there are quite a few people on here that are vastly more qualified to give you advice but I thought I'd chip in as I have just upgraded from a low end muscle power 5 racket and have gone to a voltric 70 etune. I tested the 70 etune and voltric 80 for a few hours (my local racket shop runs a demo service) and really liked the VT70ET it is very quick and has a good amount of power and control. The VT80 had more power but I found I had to work my wrist a little harder when playing at the net.

I've not used the VT5 but have read some good things about the lower end voltric rackets. I was considering going for the Voltric 7 but decided to bite the bullet and go for the 70ET as it allowed me to tweak the setup of the racket by adding the different grommets to either increase control or repulsion.

Good luck with your next purchase,

D

3. dexter1x

dexter1x New Member

Software Engg
    Hi dmurf,

Thanks for the advice,really appreciate it though VT70ET is slightly out of my budget so I am thinking to go for Voltric 5.

4. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

MP29LT is a classic. I own a MP22LT and I love it. They are both offensive, which I'm sure you will enjoy. I think that MP29LT may have been higher in its range than voltric 5. I have never tried voltric 5, but I see my MP22LT as reliable, as I am sure MP29LT is. I don't know how MP22 and 29 are still available in India, though.

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

to be fair though, I think we'd need more information about what types of games you play, what you value in a racket, etc. anything that you think would be helpful.

6. dexter1x

dexter1x New Member

Software Engg
    Hi PinkDawq,
    I have played mostly in club tournaments (single).Plus I dont need too heavy racket as I am lean but i usually plays offensive strikes.
    I am in search of a racket that is reliable and powerful.

7. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    You want a powerful racket that is not head heavy?

I have played with both of them. I think vt5 is much better suited for singles than MP29LT. MP29LT is a very good racket, but vt5 will give you easy backhand clears (than MP) which is like the Achilles' heel for many club level players. But vt5 will take some time to get used to.

All that said , I would suggest you to try out the rackets as your gameplay and style may differ from mine.

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    See you are talking about mid range racket from yonex . Don't you think they will be reliable and powerful to say the least ?? I have own both the racket and they are excellent . But for the money better alternative are available . You can buy thwack thunderbird/dragonfire/counterstrike at flipkart or sadar bazar for 2500 . Its absolute steal and you can read the reviews there ( Similar to yonex high end ones ) . Don't get me wrong , As a beginner I also did not know about other brands and trusted yonex only . But having tried Victor , Apacs, Thwack I can safely say that these brands give better value for money in mid to upper range . If you want to stick to yonex I will say MP29 Lt because its light head so bit easy to use than VT5 and since it is titanium mesh it's frame is more stronger than VT5. How ever since you play with plastic, rackets wont matter much .

#8 sh_shashi1, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  9. dexter1x

dexter1x New Member

Software Engg
    Hey all thanks for all the help and great suggestions.I have finally decided to go for voltric 5..

Thanks..

10. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    Cool..let us know how it goes..

11. ANSHUL KUMAR

ANSHUL KUMAR New Member

My opinion

Well I've tried mp 22,29,thawak thunderbird,vt 5.....I would say 5 and thawack r my choice...