My very first racket died. Prince Graphite 88.

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by dashskid, Feb 22, 2015.

1. dashskid

dashskid New Member

I had it for almost 8 years. No major damages, just paint cracks. Last December, I had it restrung for the second time. This time at 26lbs, bg80. 2 weeks later, I had a clash with a player whom I casually pair with. She's a noob! There, I said it.

Here's the scenario:
    The shuttle was traveling high through the middle. I was on the right side (we're both lefties btw
    :p), which gives me a better shot. I delivered a strong smash, and she cut me off. Too late for me to stop. Her racket even got knocked off of her hand due to the force. I noticed a hairline crack at 11/1 o'clock. Another 2 weeks later, after delivering a strong smash, I felt something different. My buddy succumbed to its injury.

Farewell, I will never forget you. Our memories together will always be remembered.
    :crying::(

Attached Files:

2. dmurf

dmurf Regular Member

RIP PG88 :p

So have you got a second racket yet or have you decided on a worthy successor??

DM

3. dashskid

dashskid New Member

I still have Prince triple threat 1600 and mp27 which belongs to my mother and younger brother respectively. They rarely play so I use both occasionally. Still I wanted my own racket though. 3 weeks ago I bought a Babolat x-act 85 at 26lbs, ifeel 66 string. The feel is similar with the rackets at hand, so it's good. Just this past weekend, I bought a Prince matrix 1100, originally strung. I just used it this morning, but somehow it felt different. Maybe it's the tension or the flex, the shuttle? I don't know, maybe the players or just not a good day to test it. Both games won at 3rd set though. Anyway, I just have to use it to its full potential to know.

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow! that racket looks OLD