European Championships

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by JR, Apr 20, 2004.

1. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Hi Everyone!

I`m writing you from a small internetcafe in Geneve, Switzerland. Yesterdaywe won the team gold and I`m proud to be on the team again as I was two years ago.

Today, tuesday, the individual event starts and I`ll lpay one mixeddoubles today. The mensdoubles starts tomorrow.

Is anybody from Badmintonforum coming to watch the Championships??

I would like to meet some of you guys if there is time for it!!

I really like the city Geneve, in particular the large waterfountain in the harbour. It`s really high. Can anyone tell me some interesting details about Geneve??

Kind Regards

JR :cool: :cool:

2. Dzgdz

Dzgdz Regular Member

finance
    Hi Jonas,

I am following EC in the Internet, sometimes even live scoring is working, but unfortunately today is not working. Maybe in the next days. Do you know how does it working? Is this umpires who are operating it?

The Geneva is a really nice city. I was here a year ago for couple of days. My advice to You is to go to Cathedral, climb up (watch your step because the stairs are high) to the tower and enjoy the great view. You can also have a cruise by boat on the lake, it can be good for resting and refreshing after intensive matches.
    If You have time you can rent a bike (you can hire a city bike for free) and have a ride around the Geneva. Nearby there is a French border and a mountain (visible from the cathedral’s tower) with the cable car. The ride from that mountain is really fun.

Congratulations for gold in teams and good luck in the individuals tournament.

Best regards,

dzgdz

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    JR, congratulations on another gold!

How did the Danish team feel about England and Holland fielding weakened sides in the last two matches, even knowing that there was only maybe a 5% chance of Denmark not winning it would have been nice to see the best players in these matches.

Do you feel that being rested from team matches helps in the individuals?

4. woop.

woop. Regular Member

Just finished a session with my coach, an ex-england player (I won't drop names). We talked about the europeans and she was fairly outspoken about the way the team was set up. She didn't particularly approve is the bottom line, but has seen similar decisions when she played.

I personally have the same view as I have with other sports I support that field weakened teams (namely premiership football). I can sometimes understand the logic, but as a supporter and a sports player I would like to think the team (players and coaches alike) look for a victory in every competitive game and put out the strongest team to achieve that.

5. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Hi jonas

Congratulation jonas!! :D who can stop your supremacy?? you are so strong for us =)) for me you are the "european chinese" hahahaha i'm very dissapointed for france, i thouht hongyan can up our level but she was tired she's not at her best form, but i'm sure the france level is better than the other year but We are just 8th :(.
    But i'm very happy that camilla seems to be in a better form, hongyan and camilla are the two womens single that i support.

Good luck jonas for the european championship =)

syaoran

6. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hey jonas, unlucky in the individual events, losing out to Nathan Robertson twice in a couple of days must be pretty annoying.

What do you think of nathan, i always watch you and him for tips on how to play MD and XD. there's never a lot between you two and your partners :eek:)

Hope you get back to world championship winning form again soon

Neil