Recommend me a String For BraveSword 12 ! :)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Corns, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Corns

Corns Regular Member

Hi guys , I'm buying a BraveSword 12 Tomorrow and it come with a empty Frame , So Please do recommend me a model of a string . I'm going to Do a 22-ish Tension ^^

Playstyle : More on Defensive for doubles but still do smashes
    2Days per Week (4-5hours a day)

preferred brand : Yonex , Victor

Thanks!
    If you need anymore info , do say it , i'll be glad to give more information

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    ZyMax-62F... ime it works well with my BS12.

3. Corns

Corns Regular Member

But review says that it's very easy to snap for just a few games.. I need something that's durable and good. But thanks tho :)

4. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Go with BG85

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

At ur "22-ish" tension, it might last thru the next lunar new yr...
    { *.^}

Gpower likes this.
  6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I recommend NBG99. Offers alot Control. Slightly rough coating for slicing, and pretty durable. Powerful, but behind thinner strings. That's the tradeoff for durability. You can also try BG80 if you like hard feeling.

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Bg 80 to slice all day everyday , love the sound and crispness and hard feeling out f it. Also have tried bg 65 ti and it's very good as well! The sound is really nice and is hard feeling and durability is superb!

8. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

One more vote for bg65ti, for simply lasting longer and that bang loud sound but not so hard.

I once heard from an experience stringer that Victor VS strings are from Zymax. I first put VS-850 on my BS LYD but it gave me a very hard feeling and broken after few weeks playing. And also say no to BG66UM unless you want the string eat into the frame badly.

9. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

So be aware of the grommets if you intend to go with super thin strings as it will compromise the structure of the frame. I also recommend you go with 26-27lbs on that racket

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    26-27 is too high for a beginner. Is it the BC brainwashed mantra?

26-28 for Beginners
    29-31 for Intermediate
    31-40 for Advanced

:rolleyes:

I think 24 lbs is quite enough and a good and high tension for a beginner. It's easier to adjust to a lower tension than to a high tension. If you can't properly clear and smash like a 9 year old girl it will effect your game and will frustrate.

11. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Feather or plastic? Strings and tensions depend on which type of bird you play with.

For feather, I would recommend BG80 or ZM62. For plastics, BG80 still works but lower tensions by two pounds to prevent quick snapping. BG65Ti is also good for plastics as well.

12. TimmyBS

TimmyBS Regular Member

I'm sorry I didn't know he's a beginner but is it a little weird of what you were saying after that?
    There's nothing brainwashing here, he stated that his playstyle is defensive with smashes. But the relevant thing here is how fast and powerful he swings his racket. Just like the stiffness of the racket, this affects the velocity of the shuttles when you hit it as well as the contro and feeling of it.

BS 12 is kinda balance racket with head and rod both lighter and more flexible than my BS LYD. However, both of them are very fast rackets for double matches so I think high tension can be beneficial for smash receiving and net shots.

Again, I'm making no string tension advice for novice players. As a matter of facts, the more you smash, the more tension to be lost. Not to mention that if you usually do slicing but the your racket is not well strung then you would experience your string "running". I'm expecting he will play 9-10 hours/a week so it's pretty a frequent basis. For me, I always string the racket as high as possible for the early times and then start to loosen, and 27lbs is just fine and normal to string on my BS rackets.

Hey, let's talk more about string brand

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree with you that the swingspeed is relevant. If you are a fast swinger you can adjust and swing slower. But can you swing faster, if you are a slower swinger? No! Pure logic.
    I disagree with you. The BS LYD isn't stiffer. If you look at the dots, it's 4/5 stiffness. With the additional headweight it is on par or maybe a bit more flexible than a BS12. Depends which sample you compare due the bad QC.
    Please tell me what is wrong with a lower tension choice? I can't see any benefits for a beginner. He won't hit the sweet spot effectively when he is defending or hitting.
    I called it "brainwashed" because the trend here at BC is that more and more people use and recommend high tension and some use tension which are a few lbs higher than the pro's. So I was just joking.
    At the end we know nothing about OP. And what you use and with what you are comfortable is useless. Because you are not him, and he is not you. If he want to go higher he can do next time higher. If he is happy he can stick with it. A stringing job isn't expensive. But I would be mad if I go for a higher tension with my brand new racket and must leave it at home because my shoulder hurt or something like that.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I would choose a string and tension depending on how much spare rackets I have and the access to a stringer. If I have only 2 rackets and have to travel to the next big city, the tension should be lower and the string thicker than you have 6 rackets and a stringing machine at home.

15. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

I would go with NBG99 if you are not an aggressive player. It holds tension well and has good repulsion.

16. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I would also recommend NBG99. I have this on all my braveswords except one (I've been testing the VS890 which is a very good string, like a harder version of NBG99 with less feel.)

But having tried a lot of strings for my braveswords, NBG99 is the one to go for. In terms of control, I think it is second to none. Power-wise it is above average imo.

The only thing to remember with NBG99 is that when freshly strung, it feels a little muted. It takes a session or so for it to settle in.

17. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

Bg80 is always a safe choice. Good power and a decent amount of control

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I like BG80 too, but some people don't like the metalic and hard feel. So a medium one is a better choice to recommend.

19. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

100% agree. Medium is middle of the road, neither too hard or soft.