possible racquet deformation...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by CitizenErased, Feb 26, 2015.

1. CitizenErased

CitizenErased Regular Member

Hi guys, I just take my new voltric zf2 from their first restringing, and.. I'm not sure, but I think the shape is a little bit rounder. I've changed the store tension (21lb) to 26lb. I'm not sure if it's an optical efect, but the racquet is about 1mm shorter. I need to use it tomorrow and I would like not have to cut strings, but I'm afraid that this deformation become permanent. What do you think? Thanks.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Best to post a picture as well.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    without another racket to compare side by side, no naked human eye can tell 1mm difference in length. just not possible.

also, 1mm difference is nothing to worry about. go out and enjoy playing with the nice racket!

4. CitizenErased

Thanks for the answers. After my apreciation, when I saw the little bit rounder frame shape I've compared with other racquet and I saw the 1mm (or 2mm max) shorter lenght...
    So do you think that the shape will come back next time with better string job?

5. CitizenErased

Some pictures, white string is the original string from store.
    In pictures may be is hard to apreciate but as I said, compared with my other racquets is 1-2mm shorter after stringing...
    If the deformation is not going to be permanent, I will be quiter, and the next time will tell to my stringer that he must be more careful.

IMG_20150227_082009178_HDR.jpg Sin título-1.jpg IMG_20150227_082024921_HDR.jpg

#5 CitizenErased, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

It is difficult but the new strings make the racquet frame actually look thinner and longer!

As Kwun said, a millimetre isn't much difference. Badminton racquet frames are thinner compared to tennis and quite a lot of racquets change shape slightly.

If you want, you can mention it next time to the stringer. String the cross strings at a slightly higher tension to the main (vertical strings) of 1lb.

If the racquet looked asymmetrical, then that is a problem.

7. CitizenErased

Thanks Cheung.
    Fortunately the shape is perfectly symmetrical. The photos can lie, with new string the racquet is wider and shorter. So, you think that the frame not gonna be in this shape forever, it will come back, is it?
    I don't wanna be too noisy, but the racquet is brand new and I love it...:(

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

All frames will change slightly after being strung. After the strings break and you cut the rest of the strings, it should go back to the original shape until you string it again!

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    1mm isn't much. I have seen brand new, new strung highend racket's which were 1mm off and they were 100% legit and done by official Yonex stringer. Don't worry about the 1mm difference. Different stringer use different main/cross ratio like @Cheung said. Some stringer stretch the frame very very slightly and minimal, some not. That can make 1mm difference. I wouldn't mind. There is nothing wrong with your racket. Everything is fine. Enjoy your racket. :)

10. CitizenErased

Thanks guys, I'm quiter now.