Training/ fitness schedule when taking a 10-15 days break .

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sh_shashi1, Mar 2, 2015.

1. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Every now and then we do take break from badminton for holidays/work or whatever reasons. We enthusiast will still like to work on out existing flaws which we were unable to focus in while playing continuous badminton . It can be wrist training or sprinting to improve fitness or doing weight training or may be just chill out or watching a lot videos and preparing mentally. Here I want to have different views on what other BCers do and what we should do based upon our shortcomings.

2. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

Once a year, take a break of like 10 days or so without sports. gives your body time to recover.
    (this is true if you train a lot, like 8h+. otherwise, it doesn't really matter).

when you don't play badminton, work on athletic abilities as needed.
    if you're weak, do strenth training. if you lack stamina, go out running. if you lack balance, do some yoga stuff.

sound logical, right?

3. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Yes but no . We all know we lack each of those but what is more important ? Take for example - Lin dan is the strongest and hardest smasher out their but even his smashes are picked up more often than not . So does he need to get more stronger ?? Yes and no .
    Even Lee ching wei pant for breadth after a long rally or come to third set against Lin Dan . Does he need to do more running ?? Again Yes and No.

If a player can return every shot just at net brushing the tape he will be winner with out being a strong player every time so does a player need to do all the craft of handling racket ?? Again yes and no .

So my point is how to balance out the weaknesses and what helps players more in the long term as well as short term . I hope you get my point regarding this .

4. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I did absolutely nothing except lots of walking because I went overseas to sightsee.

I believed I have lost focus, so the long break from badminton and training did me a lot of good in getting my focus back.

Sometimes doing nothing is also not a bad idea. You go back to training more focused and may yield better results than to think about the problem.