Racquet Recommendation Request

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gravitation, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Gravitation

Gravitation New Member

I've been reading the forums threads here and trying to find a racquet for myself. I'll appreciate any input. Here're some stats:

Skill level: Intermediate
    Height & Weight: 168 cm, 80kg (5' 6", 178 lb)
    Play Frequency: 2 hours/week
    Games played: Mostly doubles, Indoor
    Shuttlecock used: Plastic
    My playing style: I love playing drops and sending shuttlecock to the corners, smashes come secondary.
    Price Range: ~$100 (will pay more for a very good reason)

I'm looking for specific model recommendations.

Thank you!
    Gravity

2. Gravitation

Gravitation New Member

Let me try another approach: Does Voltric 7 sound like a good choice for me?

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The Voltric 7 is mid-flex and slightly head-heavy, according to at least one review by a notable forum member. http://badminton-coach.co.uk/1977/yonex-voltric-7-badminton-racquet-review/

He compares it to a Nanospeed 9900 (stiff and slightly head heavy) and to the Armortec 600 (midstiff and and a little head heavy). I haven't played with the Voltric 7 but those other two rackets are very nice.

Yonex's own site refers to the Voltric 7 as a good all-rounder racket. That can't be a bad thing.

So if this model is in your price range, why not go for it! (and if possible get a good string job). :)