User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Eastern Illinois University Badminton Camp

I am debating if I should go to a badminton camp this summer. I'm a high school freshman this year. Has anyone been to the Eastern Illinois University camp? What did you think of it? If you haven't, do you guys think camps are beneficial?

Thanks

Jessica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anything that gives me an excuse to play more badminton is worth going to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is a reputable program, and u r seriously about improving, just join. I am pretty sure u will learn a lot, and have a lot of fun both in the sport and social.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get the info from?
    I am interested too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long is the camp? A couple of days?

If you want to improve your badminton skill, you've got to practice at least twice or three times a week ... at least. The camp is usually useful so that you know how to practice and depending on how good is the trainer, you can also learn some tricks and strategies.

Where do you play in Illinois? I play in a few gyms in Chicagoland area such as Downers Grove, Elk Grove, Buffalo Grove, Park Ridge, etc. I would recommend you to play regularly not only with your highschool teamates, but with other players as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hummmm, who is teaching at the camp?

i remember that a chinese man who used to lived/coach/and played where i lived is maybe if i am not mistaken is in illinois.

could you please find out, because if it is him, he is very very very very good, he used to be "#4" on the chinese national team as i think a mix player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cvanbui,

I think you're referring to Andy Chong. It's not him, I think it's Kevin Hussey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twlih - I got the information from my coach. Let me know if you want it...I can make a copy of it and email it to you.

SteveStanley - The camp is 4 days long. I agree with the practicing thing. I don't know if I will have acess to a gym this summer, but if not I'll be putting up my backyard net and challenging anyone who will play! (I go to Glenbard North. I was just at DGN the other day for an invite, actually!)

Cvanbui - Yup, It's Kevin Hussey

One of the reasons I'm asking is because it's around $400 for 4 days (all-inclusive ie. food etc) and I want to make sure it's worth it. I'm want to go to a tennis camp at my school this summer as well, and in addition to taking drivers ed over the summer, so i'm costing my parents a lot of money

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im late.. But the camp is really good. I will be going in one this july 21, 2013! the camp is ran by badminton players family. They all know how to play badminton. Shannon Pohl is probably the head of the club..

L>badminton players in illinois! Anyone who want to make time and play with me during off season!