Eastern Illinois University Badminton Camp

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jessica W, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jessica W

Jessica W New Member

I am debating if I should go to a badminton camp this summer. I'm a high school freshman this year. Has anyone been to the Eastern Illinois University camp? What did you think of it? If you haven't, do you guys think camps are beneficial?

Jessica

2. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    I think anything that gives me an excuse to play more badminton is worth going to. :D

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If it is a reputable program, and u r seriously about improving, just join. I am pretty sure u will learn a lot, and have a lot of fun both in the sport and social.

4. twlih

twlih Regular Member

Where did you get the info from?
    I am interested too :rolleyes:

5. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

How long is the camp? A couple of days?

If you want to improve your badminton skill, you've got to practice at least twice or three times a week ... at least. The camp is usually useful so that you know how to practice and depending on how good is the trainer, you can also learn some tricks and strategies.

Where do you play in Illinois? I play in a few gyms in Chicagoland area such as Downers Grove, Elk Grove, Buffalo Grove, Park Ridge, etc. I would recommend you to play regularly not only with your highschool teamates, but with other players as well.

6. cvanbui

cvanbui Regular Member

student
    hummmm, who is teaching at the camp?

i remember that a chinese man who used to lived/coach/and played where i lived is maybe if i am not mistaken is in illinois.

could you please find out, because if it is him, he is very very very very good, he used to be "#4" on the chinese national team as i think a mix player.

7. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

cvanbui,

I think you're referring to Andy Chong. It's not him, I think it's Kevin Hussey.

8. Jessica W

Jessica W New Member

Twlih - I got the information from my coach. Let me know if you want it...I can make a copy of it and email it to you.

SteveStanley - The camp is 4 days long. I agree with the practicing thing. I don't know if I will have acess to a gym this summer, but if not I'll be putting up my backyard net and challenging anyone who will play! (I go to Glenbard North. I was just at DGN the other day for an invite, actually!)

Cvanbui - Yup, It's Kevin Hussey

One of the reasons I'm asking is because it's around $400 for 4 days (all-inclusive ie. food etc) and I want to make sure it's worth it. I'm want to go to a tennis camp at my school this summer as well, and in addition to taking drivers ed over the summer, so i'm costing my parents a lot of money ;)

Thanks guys. :)

9. Jdeleon576

Jdeleon576 Regular Member

Student
    Im late.. But the camp is really good. I will be going in one this july 21, 2013! :D the camp is ran by badminton players family. They all know how to play badminton. Shannon Pohl is probably the head of the club..

L>badminton players in illinois! Anyone who want to make time and play with me during off season! :)