User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am thinking about the same thing ,too. MA probably won't have any stars in singles for another couple of years if Wong decided to quit......

He has done so much....and it's hard for others to catch up. I am actually thinking/wondering how long will MA take to find another great player like him?
    2 yr? 4 yr? or even 5 years +?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Malaysia should not have problem looking for a good player like Wong CH. It all boils down to attitude towards the game. Basically Wong Choong Han is no different from other players. Just that his attitude is much better than the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    I think Malaysia should not have problem looking for a good player like Wong CH. It all boils down to attitude towards the game. Basically Wong Choong Han is no different from other players. Just that his attitude is much better than the rest.

Makes sense.I agree on the part WCH has a atitude which is better than the rest.But it also obvious he has high enthuaism ( sorry for the spelling dono how to spell it ) which is kind of hard to find .
    But who knows , in maybe like a few years or maybe end of this year a prodigy in malaysia may appear which could be next Lin Dan kind of youngster .For now all hopes depends on WCH ! Gogogo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf
    But to depend solely on one player to carry the Malaysian torch is suicide in a subtle way as the country needs to continously churn out quality players as well as sending more youths to world class competitions to develop in skills, technique and mentality.

Yes, sadly, Wong is also the most disciplined of all of them in the current senior squad and the best performer too. He had stayed in the top ten quite consistently in the past few years and it's all due to hard work and effort. The other thing that makes him stand out compared to others is his level of play - it's world class. He is capable of taking on the likes of those in the top five and win. Well, except Xia maybe...

A true role model for a lot of Malaysian BF members and the nation as a whole, sadly he will be greatly missed. To have the 'King Card' retired is like having a great part of the squad depleted.

Still, I hold much faith in the youngsters such as Lee CW and Kuan BH for they are still young and had only been playing international badminton for the a while. Wong was a mediocre player when he first arrived at the scene and had only shown his true class of the past few years. Same can be said and expected of the others.

But I guess, and I do hope that he will at least stay another year and gun for AE2005. Hopefully he does himself and the country proud in Athens.

This one's for HongHong and Kwun : And I hope he retired with at least ONE victory over Xia.
    I feel very sad about this new but i also want 2 say. Everbody got their own life after a level and level. Choong Hann, i believe u can do it (win a gold for the country and finish your study). I hope u can see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa....choong hann is a smart player anyway.....dun mind about it....he achieve his badminton career....and also his bussiness study....he achieve both anyway.....

Once a Chinese, always a Chinese..... live in England though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i am a loyal Chinese fan. But after hearing this, i cannot help but wishing that perhaps Wong Choong Hann deserves the gold or at least the silver.

It is so sad to hear him leave. i wish him a equally successful career in Business as he had in the world of badminton.

PS I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoAiZhongGuo
    Ok, i am a loyal Chinese fan. But after hearing this, i cannot help but wishing that perhaps Wong Choong Hann deserves the gold or at least the silver.

It is so sad to hear him leave. i wish him a equally successful career in Business as he had in the world of badminton.

PS I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO!!!

if u don't want him to go,tell lin dan don't beat him.that's easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alia-bad
    if u don't want him to go,tell lin dan don't beat him.that's easy
    Ah... but i'm a Chinese fan you see...
    I can't win both ways can i?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Ah... but i'm a Chinese fan you see...
    I can't win both ways can i?
    can't....1 win,1 lose...that's the meaning of winning....anyway....i think Choong Hann going no where....no chaos in malaysia about this story....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alia-bad
    can't....1 win,1 lose...that's the meaning of winning....anyway....i think Choong Hann going no where....no chaos in malaysia about this story....
    You know what? i thought so too. I mean, Badminton is big in Malaysia, so wouldn't they know before us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You know what? i thought so too. I mean, Badminton is big in Malaysia, so wouldn't they know before us?

i don't hear any of this news....i ask my friend...they just said,"really?"...nothing happen alright....i always read the newspaper...no news about this....smile,k?...wong choong hann going nowhere....hehe!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee Chong Wei almost outplayed Lin Dan in the TC qualifiers earlier this year, and then proceeded to change a winning strategy and lose the match. In terms of skills alone, he and Hafiz is better than Choon Han. Both of them suffer from lack of self-belief, plus Hafiz is injury prone (like Misbun).

Fortunately, Misbun is a much better coach than he was a player and I am sure he can turn them around or find new talents. This is the first time that I could say that Malaysia could depend on its own panel of coaches instead of importing from China/Indonesia. Even though M'sia did not do too well in the recent TC.

However, it is worrying that in the last few decades (since late 80's), the best and most consistent Malaysian men's singles players are people like Foo Kok Keong, Ong Ewe Hock and Wong Choon Han. In fact Choon Han was groomed as doubles player, he only came into being in singles during the 1998 Commonwealth Games.

Now these are players who do not possess as much skill as their counterparts, and use mental strength and fighting spirit to compensate and beat better players. M'sia would have done even better had the previous coaches been able to mould more talented players such as Misbun & Rashid Sidek, Yong Hock Kin, etc to be just as consistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Sad!!

He is my favorite malaysia badminton player..I am gonna miss him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2