smaller Head Size of Yonex ZF2 / Z-Speed, difficulter to play?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by biborinho, Mar 14, 2015.

1. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Do you find it difficulter to Play with these two rackets in comparison to other rackets with the normal head size?

2. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Yes, they have smaller sweet spot and smaller heads. However, once you hit on the sweet spot, they perform better than other bigger head racquets IMHO.

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    LOL & I kind of find these "small head" racquet the same thing as normal head racquets. By saying "because the head is smaller defense is worse" I find that just an excuse that you can't be consistent with it LOL & I play with a z force z slash normally or even better than normal racquet and the head is smaller than usual.

4. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Smaller frame, comes with a smaller sweet spot but sweet spot offers a little more "pop". The only issue is it comes down to the individual player...are you good enough to compensate and not be out of position or pressured? Or are you tired out? Those conditions are when the smaller frame really hurts your game.

I play with both oval and isometric rackets. On bad days and/or versus very good players/teams, I immediately know my limit with the oval and will switch to the isometric. Otherwise, I always begin the day with the oval. Versus less experienced players, I also use the oval. YMMV