Buy From Sunriseclick.com, do i need to pay taxes in Indonesia?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by arfandy, Mar 17, 2015.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Dear bcmembers,

I recently made a purchase of 5 Yonex shirts from sunriseclick.com which i believe is located in Singapore. However, they recently emailed me and "warning" me about taxes and duty fee when the product arrived in Jakarta, Indonesia. I emailed them back and ask detail on it, BUT their replies is a complete jokes as to NO answer/advices were willingly given at all.

Therefore, i would really appreciate for anyone whom can enlighten me on regards to the following questions:

1. The total value of yonex shirts is no more than $100 and they are not commercial items. Does my package is excluded from taxes or must pay?

2. If must pay, then how do i calculate the taxes of items?

3. How do i pay it? pay to the courier upon receiving? bank transfer? Anything else?

I have countless times purchasing items from HK & China, but i was receiving it in Thailand and absolutely no taxes needed to be paid. I am not sure about Indonesia.

I am asking for those who have experienced sending packages anywhere in Asia to Indonesia.

Thank you

2. rx7kin

rx7kin Regular Member

i think what they meant is the Tax And Duty fees from Indonesia Custom. Like in S'pore, if any online purchase exceed SGD$400 will be subject to GST(Good Service Tax) by Singapore custom. Below SGD$400 will be exempted from any GST. Check with your Indonesia Custom.

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Nevermind. Turn out my package is being held at the moment by custom & duty. 10% tax need to be paid to release the package, which isnt much BUT what more than i expect is Handling & Adm Bank fee which is twice the tax. Total i need to pay is 1/3 of the value of the package. I will just wait until sunriseclick.com open up its warehousing in Indonesia or after Asean Open Economic by the end of this year then will make another purchase.