Good Strings to Recommend

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Fook90, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi to everyone ! Could you recommend some good strings which are not Yonex ones. And it would be best if you could tell me about Ashaway or Gosen ones.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I used Gosen B505Ti (Roots Ti) before. I could get it for US$3.5 compare to US$5 for BG65. For its price, it's not a bad deal, as I think the performance is acceptable.

However, durability might be an issue, since it's 0.68mm, and might break easily for power hitters.

3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

I am really fond of quite a few different strings from Gosen.

If you are looking for durability, Hy-Sheep Super Micro (BS-210) is a very good choice. I find it pretty similar to Yonex' BG65 (a high-tension beater string that just refuses to break), except that Hy-Sheep Super Micro has more punch than BG65.

If you are looking for power, Roots Aermet (BS-310) is a very good choice. The string is quite stiff, making the string bed very bouncy. However, in terms of feel, it isn't nearly as dead as the Yonex titanium strings.

For exceptional touch and all-round performance, the BioGut BioRoots series is a very good choice. The BioRoots strings are very soft, giving them awesome feel for finesse shots. Resilience, however, is still very high. The BioRoots strings comes in two flavours, the BioRoots 68 (BS-807, gauge 22 / 0.68mm) gives up a bit of durability for some extra punch, while the BioRoots 70 (BS-808, gauge 21 / 0.70mm) gives up a bit of power for some greater durability.

If you are looking for a crisp sound when you hit the shuttle (odd as that may seem), you might wanna give BioGut Bio Aermet a try. This string always makes a loud and crisp pop when you strike the shuttle, and is bound to impress other fellow baddy players. Durability for this string, however, seems a bit iffy. Mine snapped on me after about 12 to 15 hours' worth of play.

Hope this helps.

-Rick

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just found the BS807 is only US$4.5. Seems a good choice to worth to try out. Just wondering if the coating is slippery or not, say compare to Yonex Ti strings. :rolleyes:

5. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Unfortunately, the BioRoots strings are very slippery. Even if you string them at a relatively high tension, they still slide around quite a bit. But other than that minor annoyance, it is definitely a most capable string.

-Rick

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Very slippery? Hmmm... Will that result into significant tension decrease? :rolleyes: What's ur usual tension range when using it?

7. Traum

Traum Regular Member

With BioRoots 70 (BS-808), I generally string them at 24 to 25 lbs. They still slide around, but I don't think the string loses tension that quickly.

-Rick

8. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    I just change my string from BG-66 to Pro Ace 'Super Repulsion' 0.65mm & i found it even better than BG-66. It produce very loud 'PIAAA' when i do smashing. Good string to be recommended.

9. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

What is the price of the proace string? I am thinking of restringing my 2nd racket, not very good one, and if the price is good, i will go for it.

10. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    ojk87,

I bgt it at RM20 inclusive of stringing service. RM1 more than BG-66 :)