Cracked nr 900? Do I deserve compensation?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Exert, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]

Here is the story: I traded my friend a VT 80 for a nr900 a few months ago and it had small line that looked like this near the frame, and I thought it was just a paint issue with it so I kept playing with it. It was restrung at least four times max 24,25, 26.5 and 27 lbs. However I guess the line was an actual crack and I feel like I traded for a cracked racquet in the first place. Do I deserve compensation? Thanks.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    When u traded ur racket, did u ever point out to ur friend bout the hairline crack...? Did he say anything bout it...?

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    He wasn't sure

4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Racket can be replaced but friendship can't. Buy yourself a new racket.

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Irregardless, one nds to b responsible for one's own action.

The least he could do is offer u some partial compensation especially if ur traded racket is still performing well for him... imo

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah we solved it he said he will get me a new racquet if warranty isn't successful thanks. /close thread

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    one needs to be responsible for one's own action. The racket was traded in full knowledge of a defect. The friend was honest. Exert was aware of the issue and still choose to go ahead with the trade. Exert even strung the racquet a few times and the racquet could have been damaged in the process of stringing. Exert should do the right thing and buy a new racquet. It is not appropriate to ask for compensation. He does not 'deserve' compensation.

#7 Cheung, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    "The racket was traded in full knowledge of a [possible] defect."

Neither both buyer nor seller were sure bout it.

9. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I agree. Exert should buy his own replacement with his own money.

This is not the fault of the friend since the friend agreed that there is a hairline with Exert

But the friend is unsure if it is paint or crack

Exert should have closely examines or avoided the trade all together if it is suspicious.

Honestly though, I would have distinguished between a crack and paint issue immediately.

Most hairline cracks has crack not on the paint but the outer carbon layer. Your fingernail should able to feel it.

The only paint crack I ever had was on a cheap APACS Tantrum 500 International.

On Yonex, Gosen, Victor, LiNing etc cracking paint should never be an issue (UNLESS IT IS COUNTERFEIT)

The only "paint" defect I have seen from Yonex and other big companies are DECAL PROBLEMS.

As many of you already know those pretty nice looking graphics are just thin decal stickers on a metallic or matte base paint (car paint comparable)

Then the decals are coated with a clear coating to prevent chipping and peeling (except some racket such as the Voltric Z Force)

Most decal problems are just misalignment, not straight or decal has a crease or minor fold.

These decal problems are human error.
    Believe it or not, all of these decals are mostly done by human eyes and hands. (Even the low new made in China Yonex rackets are done by hands, but with less attention to detail and less decal stickers)