66UM - Finally broke a string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So, I finally snapped a string.

After having:
    BG65 @ 22 (Old prince racket)
    BG80 @ 24 (Arcsaber 9 first re-string from October - still going)
    BG80 @ 25 (Voltric ZF 2 strung mid December and was in tact by mid February when I changed it)
    BG66UM@26 (Voltric ZF 2 strung mid February, died today)

The BG 66UM lasted about 1 month. It snapped on the first hit of the evening, just off centre. We were about to warm up, a shuttle was served to us, and I caught just off centre. 2 strings went. I have cut the string to prevent frame warping.

My observations:
    The string, while new, is damn gorgeous to play on. Touch shots are a delight, repulsion is easy, and the control is to die for; after 2 weeks or so (playing at 3-5 times a week, 10-20 hours total each week), the string feels awful. The shots feel pretty numb and lifeless, and it's difficult to appropriately gauge shots with so little feeling. I kept over shooting lifts especially, and found it very difficult to gauge mid court clears.

After a couple of weeks, the string feels lackluster and overall, quite gross. They aren't kidding when they say the durability of the string is poor.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm surprised it lasted that long for you... I had to cut it after about 8 hrs play when it became quite noticeably numb. Prior to that it was pretty good feel, repulsion and control.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I had noticed for quite some time it didn't feel very rewarding. I didn't cut it because I didn't have the money to replace it at that point - that and my stringer would've given me funny looks.

I have however, taken my racket in to have a new set of 66UM put on it. That racket just feels too nice not to use that string with it.