Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Pebulutangkis, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Pebulutangkis

Pebulutangkis Regular Member

Student
    taufik won asian badminton champs with a 15-12, 7-15, 15-6 win over compatriot sony dwi kuncoro. this is an excellent result for taufik, and it proves that my belief in taufik's ability is not misplaced. my opinion of taufik is that he's the best player in the world technically (his skills, style and ability to read the game) and he can beat anyone in the world provided he is motivated and up for it. i just thought that for the ABC that he probably felt he had something to prove to the world, and he played very well for the whole tournament.

taufik's road to the final:
    beat PANERU Pashepati 15-2, 15-4
    beat KANETKAR Nikhil 17-15, 15-7
    beat LEE Chong Wei 15-2, 15-9
    beat NG Wei 15-5, 15-10
    beat SHON Sheung Mo 15-9, 15-6

as you can see, all straight sets, just like when he won indo open last year, he beat people like wong choong hann etc in straight sets on the way to the final. seems that when he beats everyone in straight games, he's on form and would probably win the tourney.

i'd stick my head out here but i think he has a good chance of grabbing the gold in athens. anyone wanna bet?

2. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    No doubt Pebulutangkis........
    Taufik is a good player, maybe the best in technical, but not in mentality.
    He should be the best already if he has a best mental.
    After the turbulences in the past years, I hope that he has fond his maturity after he rejoint his trainer.

3. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm..the gold medal in Athens could go to anybody..right now its too early to determine who will actually win the gold medal cos i bet some of the players will most probably sustain injuries en route to the olympics this year. Whether the injuries are serious or not..only time will tell. BUT..right now i can say that it could be anybody's game that day during the final.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    :p

I wholeheartedly agree with you that Taufik performed remarkably well during the ABC, so too were his other countrymen. This indeed bodes well for Indonesia in retaining the forth coming TC, all the more so in home soil Jakarta!

But in Athens, Taufik may find his compatriot, Sony, a pain in the back as Sony has also demonstrated that he could also lift his game a little higher! That would be sweet revenge for Sony, a younger and more powerful adversary indeed, who has shown much maturity in his game.

5. TourSpEdition

TourSpEdition Regular Member

Student
    Taufik is a very good player , he perform well in ABC.Since his motivation to do well in ABC is to qualify for Olympics then doubtless at the Olympics would be Taufik's or any other pro's peak perfomaces :D

6. Pebulutangkis

Pebulutangkis Regular Member

Student
    somehow i get the feeling that if he's up for it he'll get it.
    indo open - wanted to preserve his record ofwinning 5 if i'm not wrong titles
    world champs - last tourney with mulyo, did well, injured in semis v hendrawan
    sing open few yrs back - beat wong ch, in retaliation about the mulyo issue
    the question now is if mulyo can motivate him, if he can he should be able to win....

7. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    i think taufik skills n mentality has improve as he play more tournaments.... isn't he doing very well for ABC??? hehehee
    it's fun n exciting watching ABC live :D

8. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    [​IMG]
    Taufik n his ABC Gold Medal :D

9. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    cool photo! :)