Tan Aik Quan / Lai Pei Jing

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pathan, Mar 28, 2015.

1. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Malaysian mixed doubles combo. They've had some success partnering each other as Juniors at world and asian championships. Just thought they deserve a thread of their own. :)

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay allow me to make some comments on this mixed doubles player named Lai Pei Jing. I am actually very impressed with her style of play. She is still very young but she has a very good skills at the court. This actually helped her to win over opponents which are higher ranked than her. I still remembered the epic moments whereby she toppled some of the higher ranked Indonesian and Thailand mixed doubles players. She is still very young. She is named the lady of steel or iron lady. She can play very well despite who she is partnered with. Despite not playing with Tan Aik Quan for one year, and recently only played again with Tan Aik Quan, her ranking rose up to 56 again last week. I believe her ranking will rise up again this week after the tournament. She partners Chan Peng Soon for a while last year and despite being a new pair playing together their ranking are as high as no 28 before. Well, I must say I am really impressed with her.

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

there you go hahahah

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay I realised that recently this pair of MX have performed quite well in tournaments and they could even win against MX players higher ranked than them. Well tomorrow both of them will face the litmus test for real. They will play with a highly ranked China MX, Liu Cheng / Bao Yixin tomorrow. So can they win the match tomorrow? I am unsure too. Now their world ranking is already no 45 despite being separated for one year and this year February only they played their first tournament together. Quite a good achievement by itself.