Yonex Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : FINALS (29th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 28, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Siri Fort Indoor Stadium, New Delhi-IND

Total prize-money
    : US$275,000

New Delhi time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

China have three representatives in all doubles department but none in singles, it's unfrequently to happen. In contrary, host IND is represented by two players in singles discipline. Interesting fact, this is the first time home players reach final in their homegorund SS since its inception 2011 edition.

Final Order of play :
    WD, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Luo Ying/Luo Yu (CHN)
    H-2-H stats : 3-1
    Looks like Japanase top-seed is favour to grab their second SS title after Japan Open last year. Luo Twins has no significant achievement so far and quite beatable by their non-CHN rival, maybe it's time to prove that they're reliable to capture victory.

XD, Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen (DEN) v Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3
    Final scenario is fulfilled, top meets second seed. Tremendous improvement by young CHN combo and they have bright prospect to nail maiden SS title but the vast experience Fischer/Pedersen may against the odds to score first ever winning over Liu/Bao.

MD, Mads Conrad Petersen/Mads Pieler Kolding (DEN) v Chai Biao/Hong Wei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-0
    The Chinese MD seems unconvincingly en route to final whilst Conrad/Kolding affirms their fast development lately including to overcome their senior Boe/Mogensen yesterday. Unless China pair performance becomes better to minimize their errors than previous rounds, the Danish duo has big opportunity to top podium.

WS, Saina Nehwal (IND) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    H-2-H : 5-3
    Two former world junior champions, new world #1 Nehwal has slight advantage to grab first SS at her homesoil. Just worrying Intanon fitness level after battled gruelling match against Marin yesterday, hope we'll not watch an anti-climax final here after super duel Marin v Intanon in semifinal.

MS, Viktor Axelsen (DEN) v Srikanth Kidambi (IND)
    H-2-H : 0-1
    The close and exciting final contest as expected from these two players who met couple weeks ago in Basel. At semifinal, Srikanth showed his signature game-plan, tight net-shot combined with hard attacking smashes and outmanuevered Xue Song, running corner to corner. Against tall Axelsen, he may need to implement different tactic.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's great you opened this thread early to diffuse the tension from the SF thread.

I am looking forward to all five matches which I think could go either way.
    Exciting.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

As much as I like WD action, I hope that match will not go over 2 hours.

With another win over the Danes, LC/BXY can get ahead of their team-mates for the 2nd XD spot to Rio.

Battle of new bloods in MS and MD.

Although SN already locked up WR#1, a win in front of home fans would seal it off nicely. Can IR be the spoiler?

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I sincerely hope that we can have a decent final. Lets not have violence and there is no point of blatant attack in forum. It seems that the semi final forum is really heated up with heated arguments. Lets not let this happen again in the finals forum. Lets not look into nationality of a player too much. This can cause disturbance and prejudice in the forum. Everybody is free to support any players they want regardless of the nationality. Give everyone their freedom. Lets hope for a peaceful final forum. No offense here.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I just cannot wait to watch the live match involving the men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles.
    For the women doubles it is sure to be exciting to watch Japanese vs China. Surely park joo bong will be happy once again if Japan can win in the finals. Nobody can deny that park joo bong did a good job as a coach in Japan and rise up the standard of Japan in badminton.
    It is also exciting to see chai biao / Hong Wei in the finals vs mads / mads. Yes, Denmark men doubles have really improved a lot so the match is worth watching. Whoever wins is not important.
    As for the mixed doubles whoever win is also not important. The most important thing is the players played to their level best and we get to enjoy watching the match life.

#6 blabl, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  7. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Nice matches ahead today. I love to watch Luo sisters today. And also, interesting MD match ahead.

Finally, Love to watch new world no. 1 Saina vs Thai prodigy Ratchanok Inthanon.

And at last, What an improvement from this young lad . Srikanth is really amazing. Yesterday, it was a treat to watch against up and coming player from china. Lots of excitement. Hope everybody will get treat from the starting onwards.

8. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student

#8 aulia, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    CLELY, I think this is also a rare time when we don't see a 'sure' WD title for CHN, as you mention, the Japanese are the fave here, but still, coming from a grueling semifinal against their compatriot, they might have the adrenaline pumped til today. :D So, lets see. As for MD, indeed Chai Biao/Hong Wei had some scare against those tall Russian, they caught off guard but soon re-established their play and managed the win.

My take for finale:
    WD: Matsutomo/Takahashi
    XD: Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin, it's amazing right as a new pair they already noted a positive h2h against top pairs?
    MD: Mads/Mads
    WS: Ratchanok Inthanon
    MS: Srikanth K

Hopefully we have a good finale.

And I missed my emoticon. :(

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Thanks Clely,
    You always open the thread so well.. The best thing I like in this forums is your opening...
    Well I haven't seen this close finals!!
    None of the match is sure... No match features player from a single nation that's not only good for badminton but also for the supporters..
    I have never been good in fortune telling and with all the players standing neck to neck with very less to choose between it has became a even uphill task :p
    1. MM/AT if the match turns into a marathon the JPN's ladies will not find it difficult at all..
    2.CP/JNF with support from the crowd and high psychological advantage the Sr pair should win
    3. Mads/Mads they defeated their mad Sr BoMoe so madly(easily) :p and the hard attacking should sail them all the way
    4. SN she must be on the peak of confidence and she can't afford loosing this opportunity.. Although home pressure (as she says) it can be difficult.
    5. KS if SN wins his inspiration (as he says) he can accompany her in loading their bank accounts :p just like they did in CHN PSS last year ;)

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hadn't expected Boe/Mo to go down to their fellow teammates Madsx2. Still Chai/Hong won't find the Mads an easier proposition, it'll be just as tough.

Indeed, if Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin could repeat their previous two successes over the Danish pair Fischer/Pedersen in the Dubai SSF, they will steal a march on Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong for a spot in the Rio Olympics.

Not sure if the Luo sisters who are trying very hard to impress their coaches can deepen the impact by overcoming the no.1 seed JPN Misaki/Ayaka, they do have a fighting chance though.

Intanon R's problem will still be her fitness or lack thereof whereas for Saina the burden is on her to deliver on home ground. It'll be a battle of style and wit versus brute force and aggressive technique. And to repeat what I've said yesterday, Intanon had better win it in two sets or it's going to be Saina's day. I think Saina has the edge.

Let's see if Axelsen is the wiser this time after his previous defeat to Srikanth or the latter will prevail again with his set-up of tight spinning net shots, fast drives and jump-smashes. Xue Song yesterday was still a bit raw and lacking in experience to absorb what his coaches instructed him in the heat of battle and kept falling into SK's fine tactics carried out to near perfection. But I believe Xue Song will learn in good time as he is a good student and has improved significantly of late. Today we shall see how Viktor deals with Srikanth's outstanding form here after the latter's recent debacle at the AE.

12. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    I am really excited to see MS finals.

Xue song is still young , more or less the same age of Srikanth. He has time in his hands. He may improve a lot. But nothing to worry about yesterday's loss. Just lost to one of the current best players. That's all. Keep up the hard work. Results will come automatically.

He is little bit slower in movement compared to Srikanth but still faster than most of MS players. According to me, he is 3rd ranked chinese player not like the commentator said that he is current 5th ranked player. He is harder to beat than Tian Houwei. No offense. Wang zhenming comes later.

13. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Finally i am at siri fort, will try to click some pics and upload them later, eagerly waitig for the matches to start :D

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oho..lucky you!!
    Trying to envy us? ;)
    Well you succeeded... Carry a DSLR with you and dont forget to click MM as well CP :p
    Especially KS while he jump vigorously

15. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Good. Click Lindan if possible as well as Srikanth Kidambi.

Ofcourse, how can i forget Saina Nehwal.

16. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    i havent have any chance to congratulate Saina nehwal and our friends who support and fan of Saina Nehwal since she will be WS no 1, she just made a history for herself, for india for india and for badminton world since she will be the the 1st women Single who crowned World no 1 from india, and im just so exited to see the WS Departement from now on it will be very competitive and unpredictable and thats the sport about, expect the un predict things once again congrats Saina Nehwal and her fans from India and all around the world :) :D

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow this WD final is going to take 2 hours.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hi guys, good afternoon. Sorry I am late.

OT. I was watching the live telecast of the State Funeral of Singapore's Founding Father.
    Mr. Lee Kuan Yew.
    A great man indeed. May he RIP.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Wow, PJB at the coaches chair? Very seldom we see him here.

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Man nokh88, you're really free. China leading 9-4 in first set for WD btw.