Maybank MALAYSIA SS Premier 2015 : Qualifying & R/32 (31st March & 1st April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 30, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Putra Stadium Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur-MAS

Total prize-money : US$500,000

Tournamentsoftware link : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=C79DF254-6C04-4D4F-BAD9-38D0E93FD0FB

BAM website : http://www.bam.org.my/

Ticket information : http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/sports/badminton/1554499-MMO-SUPERSERIES-2015.html

Kuala Lumpur time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=17390&forma=Find Time

2014 WINNERS => http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...3CB08F-376F-4268-BEDD-905EECF07145&d=20140119

MS - Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
    WS - Li Xuerui (CHN)
    MD - Goh V Shem/Lim Khim Wah (MAS)
    WD - Bao Yixin/Tang Jinhua (CHN)
    XD - Xu Chen/Ma Jin (CHN)

Second premier event of BWF World Superseries will kick off tomorrow morning, starting from qualifying round. Top echelon badminton shuttlers will show off their supremo this week, Putra Stadium certainly misses local hero Lee Chong Wei who unbeatable in seven consecutive years since 2008 edition at his homeground SS.

Chen Long, Lin Dan, Jan O Jorgensen and newly crowned IND SS winner Srikanth Kidambi will be top contenders in this discipline but they should be wary to a string of the underdogs that frequently upset the frontrunners in big event. Kento Momota, Lee Hyun Il, Son Wan Ho, Chou Tien Chen and Viktor Axelsen may spoil the party.

It's big question whether defending champion Li Xuerui has fully recovered, she's already losing world #1 status to Saina Nehwal but many believe this Chinese ace will bounce back. Regular favourites for WS are still not far from Nehwal, Marin, Sung JH, Tai TY and Chinese trio despite the latter displaying vulnerable lately.

Both Lee YD/Yoo YS and Ahsan/Setiawan who reaped brilliant achievement in 2014 didn't score inspiring outcome at All England last month so it's time for them to back on right track, regain their superb play. Recent AE champion Boe/Mogensen along with Endo/Hayakawa, Lee SM/Tsai CH, Fu HF/Zhang N, Goh VS/Tan WK will enhance MD intensity and not possible to shine in KL.

Who can conquer CHN WD pairs? Not many tournaments for others to shake their supremacy. Wang/Yu is strong candidate to crown first ever MAS Premiere victory. Beside their teammates, two familiar combos Matsutomo/Takahashi and Pedersen/Juhl are ready to defy the odds. Interesting to follow CHN new scratch pair, Olympic Champion Tian Qing who partnered with her junior Xia Huan.

Undoubtedly, Zhang/Zhao, Fischer/Pedersen, Ahmad/Natsir level are above the others but the young sensation Liu/Bao has high potential to disrupt those three pairs hegemony and steal the show as they did in Dubai Finals and just concluded IND SS. It's tough chance for Xu/Ma to defend their title, considering a series of flopped perfomances by the Chinese #2.

The qualifying round will be important for most of home hopefuls to start their campaign here such as Chong Wei Feng, Liew Daren, Tee Jing Yi, Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing, etc.

QUALIFICATION ORDER OF PLAY (09.00am local time, 5 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...9DF254-6C04-4D4F-BAD9-38D0E93FD0FB&d=20150331

Sho Sasaki (JPN), Michelle Li (CAN), Sudket/Saralee (THA) have withdrawn according to ts.com last updated.

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il will be there? That is great news, I hope he feels well, he might be a tough opponent for everyone up there

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay lets hope for a good match from all the players. As supporters let us go all out to support the players we want regardless of their nationality and race. Everybody has the freedom to support any players they want. I also hope that the discussion forum for Malaysia Open will be a decent one and they will be no arguments and fierce attacks among supporters. Lets hope that every discussion will not end up with violence and hatred. Most of the arguments and fierce attacks in the previous thread in the India Open Super Series is so bad till the thread had to be closed down to prevent any untoward things to happen. I was shocked myself to read the comments in the India Super Series thread which many are very violent indeed.

No worries just a gentle reminder and enjoy the Malaysia Super Series. :)

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#4 Sundis, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You may be right. This old veteran player named Lee Hyun Il can still play well in competitive tournaments too. If he plays well I believe he may even reach the semi finals? Who knows? Lee Hyun Il is my favourite player till now. Another thing allow me to correct the small mistakes here. The Danish player name is Jan O Jorgensen not Jurgensen. :)

6. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The MS qualification draw almost looks like a Grand Prix Gold event.

WSX will lock horns with BYJ again for the 15th time. Tell me the draw is random.

7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

-

#7 Sundis, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Well the question is can the previous or past winners retain their gold medals this year?

MS - Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
    WS - Li Xuerui (CHN)
    MD - Goh V Shem/Lim Khim Wah (MAS)
    WD - Bao Yixin/Tang Jinhua (CHN)
    XD - Xu Chen/Ma Jin (CHN)

For the men singles category Lee Chong Wei will not be playing this time so he definitely will not retain the title. So this year Men Singles gold medals is open up for grabs.

For women singles title we will wait and see whether Li Xuerui can defend her title or not.

For men doubles since August 2014, Goh V Shem has been playing together consistently with Tan Wee Kiong. He no longer plays with Lim Khim Wah. Again we shall wait and see for the outcomes. Who knows this new combination of Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong can spring some surprise?

For women doubles can Bao Yixin / Tang Jinhua retain their gold medal? We will also wait and see.

For mixed doubles can Xu Chen / Ma Jin retain the title? We shall wait and see. Or could it be Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei? Well one never knows the outcome before the match is over.

Again I think this Malaysia Open Super Series will surely be an exciting event with lots of great players from various countries participating too. Who knows maybe some lower ranked player can toppled players higher ranked than them? Who knows there will be some surprises? who knows some players may be able to spring in some surprises? Let's wait and see. I am going to enjoy every moment of this Malaysia Open. :)

9. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    i hope kashyap overcomes LeeDongkeun in the first round.

I hope for a Prannoy vs Lindan match in the second round provided both of them clears the first round.

Tommy vs Lindan will be an exciting one. Lindan has to take the revenge!!

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I think TS will take his name out of this tournament... sadly

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

If TS withdraws this close to the start of the tournament, will a qualifier be promoted to his spot or will LD get WO in first round?

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You already setting the tone? Should be alright if all the winners are from CHN.

Will it be a hollow victory without him taking part?

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Well to be exact the men singles category will not be exciting without Lee Chong Wei. I would have love Lee Chong Wei to retain the title. Sad to say he cannot play this time.

Then as for Tommy Sugiarto he is injured during the previous India Open Super Series tournament so he cannot participate this time. Well, injuries do happen to players and it is indeed sad to see badminton players injured during tournaments.

14. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    VICTOR will be opening an on-site retail booth and holding daily autograph sessions in the Putra Stadium, the venue of the 2015 Maybank Malaysia Open. List of Team VICTOR players scheduled for the autograph sessions (subject to change due to daily order of play or player personal schedule):

MAS Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing;
    MAS Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong;
    TPE Tai Tzu Ying;
    MAS Daren Liew;
    KOR Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong;
    INA Liliyana Natsir/Tontowi Ahmad;
    KOR Son Wan Ho;
    KOR Sung Ji Hyun;
    MAS Woon Khe Wei/Vivian Hoo Kah Mun;
    KOR Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na or Shin Baek Choel;
    MAS Chong Wei Feng; and
    MAS Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying; (or more……!)

First 50 fans attending each session can get our free special posters to hold signings. But please do note that players or teams are scheduled to stay for 10-15 minutes for each session and will not sign on items of competitive brands.

FB_IMG_1427728258091.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728102749.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728109611.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728121259.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728131882.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728136732.jpg

FB_IMG_1427728141150.jpg

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for posting this nice pictures in this thread. I already saved all these pictures. These pictures are really nice and lovely. I will tell my friends who will be watching the badminton matches live in Malaysia to visit this booth and get the players signature. :)

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hi... hi.... :)

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    WS's matches will be interesting...

everyone from CHN is there: LXR, WYH, WSX and Sun YU..

non-CHN: Ratchnok, Marin, Sung JH, Saina, etc..

This will be quite a week.

18. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    If you want, you can set your own tone.

So many exciting matches here, I don't think BYX/TJH can defend their title here.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Agree with you. Yes, for this Malaysia Open we have more good and quality players participating compared to last week India Open Super Series. Some countries chose not to participate at that time and some countries send in their second tier or third tier players. Overall I believe this Malaysia Open Super Series will be very exciting. It seems that all the countries send in their top ranked players to participate in this tournaments.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Well agree with you. Suddenly I just remembered that Li Xuerui, Wang Yihan, Wang Shixian and Sun Yu did not participate in last week India Open Super Series. All the top ranked China women doubles are missing in action last week.