Pro's Pro automatic clamps

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by emjay, Mar 31, 2015.

1. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    #1 emjay, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    can someone translate? seems to be some sort of automatic base release mechanism.

4. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    Both are suitable for stringing badminton rackets. I don't use the automatic but do use the premium (newer version) and they are great budget clamps. They have beem recommended by others too. The teeth spacing can be a bit wide when doing the crosses but other than that they are good.

5. bartiboi

bartiboi Regular Member

I just ordered the automatic clamp base for my pro's pro stringing machine( arrived today). And they work good just tested:). I have the standard version. The only difference between the standard and the premium version is that the premium version have an extra release button.

You can only release the standard version by pulling down the clamp into the clamp base. With the premium you can release the clamp base by pulling the clamp into the clamp base or using the release button.

I will make some photos for you or try too make a video

6. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Interesting, thanks for the info! My clamp bases are the standard Pro's Pro type, they work but require adjustment quite often.

7. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    I have ordered the premium version with an extra release button and also the premium clamp. My first impression is that it works fine as long as you know how to adjust them. This is the different between low cost machine parts and expensive ones that nearly needn't to be adjust. Most of Pros Pro parts are not exactly the same. They have to be oil to slide smoothly on the bar. The clamp aren't that good as they describe. It is not really coated or some kind of special coated. Therefore I used this automatic clamp system with my old diamond coated clamp that i first have to shorten, because the shaft was too long and also the diameter was too big. The shaft of the system is by about 11,8 mm oder 12mm. My old clamp are 12,2mm. So i have to narrow them and shorten them by 5,6 cm. As emjay said before "they work but require adjustment quite often."