Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    As Saina Nehwal's previous thread was closed abrubtly without any intimation , i have decided to open a new thread to this youngster from INDIA who have proved that even a single woman can pull many cricketers towards BADMINTON .:)

SAINA means " Reflection of God " :) in one of the indian language.

Truly speaking , she is the reflection of God for the badminton of INDIA :).

NEW YEAR 2013.
    NEW POSSIBILITIES.
    NEW ADVENTURES.
    NEW DIMENSIONS.
    NEW HISTORY.
    And also, a NEW THREAD for her.

Lets hope , this year to be a prosperous year for her :).

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Here are some wonderful, gorgeous pictures of her.

saina1.jpg saina2.jpg saina3.jpg saina4.jpg saina5.jpg

Siyah Goksuoglu likes this.
  3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina's seeded #1 at the Malaysia Open SS this year!

Of course, the top Chinese girls are missing because of various injuries. This presents a great opportunity for Saina to claim the title this week.

She muffed her lines last week at the Korea Open PSS where she had a great opportunity as well. If her fitness and knee injuries are still plaguing her, she's going to just have to take it a match at a time.

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I don't think we can call Saina a youngster anymore though. She has already played 2 olympic games and is a very experienced player now. Good luck for Saina in 2013.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congratulations Saina.... No.2 ranking in the world.. Wonderful.. You achieved it... Stay focus and concentrate more on majors...:)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Actually, she's been there before. :) Pretty soon, she will have to work much harder to maintain this ranking. It's a slippery slope - ask WSX...

None of the top 5-6 WS players should really worry too much about their rankings at this moment. Instead, they should be trying to ensure better fitness and in Saina's case, doubly so. Plus, she needs to work on mobility, and the weak spot at the forehand rear corner.

7. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Looks like Saina has calmed down after the olympics.She kind of lacks the fire she used to have before olympics.Before olympics she used to enter into every game like it's a battle.But she kind of lacks motivation now.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    yep... Forehand rear corner is her death spot so far.. We have seen that in superseries finals semifinal match.. She need to concentrate more on that.. There is a proverb.. If you practice a particular thing 1000 times, it becomes a habit.. So, i request her to concentrate her forehand rear corner thousand times . Then nobody will be able to beat her...:)

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    At the Malaysia Open, Saina progressed to the QF round with a straigh win over Yip PY. She looks to be running in cruise control at the moment, but more testing matches await...

10. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I admire her for what she has done to Indian Badminton. She single handedly has change the game scenario. She will always remain one of my fav players. Unfortunately, I feel she has past her prime. Saina is 22 but she doesn't seem so young. More injury prone these days too. It would be hard for her to cope up with the upcoming talents from different countries. She will be a good bet for India for a medal in Rio olympics. But I guess, Sindhu would be a better bet couple of years from now. I will be happier if my fears are proven wrong.

Great to see Tine Baun still going strong at 33. Will Saina be same when shes 30 plus?

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A bit premature to be writing obits for Saina! :p

Look, she's got a lot too much on her plate at the moment. Sponsorship obligations; promotional activities; keeping the high-and-mighty happy with appearances and stuff that she really shouldn't have time for. These things will take its toll on the body as well - notice her bulked-up appearance at the Korean open as opposed to her ultra-fit appearance (despite her knee problems) at the Denmark open... frankly, I can't think of any other WS player who has to do so much social/promotional/other activities, not even LXR post-OG...

And then, she needs to get into serious training and physical rehab. And find time for sleep. And get her mind around to serious work. I suppose the other thing is that she will have too many "advisors" around her now that she is into such serious money and fame! :rolleyes::D She must learn how to deal with it, and quickly. I think (hope) her parents may be able to help her with that.

And if I were Saina, I'd book 2 weeks at the Taufik Academy immediately, for full-time sessions with Taufik, Mulyo and their training and support team.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Saina Nehwal celebrates world no.2 ranking, reaches quarterfinals of Malaysian Open[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/...king-reaches-quarterfinals-of-malaysian-open/

EXCERPTS:

India’s badminton icon Saina Nehwal celebrated her rise to the world number two ranking with a scintillating 21-12, 21-9 win over Hong Kong’s Yip Pui Yin to romp into the second round of the Malaysian Open Badminton tournament.

Saina, who is now placed second behind Li Xuerui, pushing Wang Yihan to number three, got off the blocks in a flash, winning nine consecutive points to straightaway put pressure on Yip, who was not allowed to settle into any kind of rhythm.

The world number 23 Hong Kong shuttler was feeling the pressure of doing the catching up, points-wise, as Saina rattled up points in no time, pocketing the opening game at 21-12.

The Indian appeared even more menacing in the second game, showing her class at the net as well on both the flanks. Yip was rendered a sitting duck as Saina was all over her, literally toying with her to close out the match at 21-9 in a contest that lasted just thirty minutes.
    Saina will now play Japan’s world number 33 Nozomi Okuhara in the quarterfinals.
    The Japanese girl earlier caused a mild upset, beating world number 21 Lindaweni Fanetri.

13. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

On the old thread, scorpion1 claimed that SN is the "world's highest earning person in badminton(both men's and women's singles players)" at 40-crore over 3-years. That is roughly US$2.5M per year (if I am not mistaken).

I did a search and found for Lin Dan:

2012 earnings: 26 million yuan (US$4.49 million)

See link: http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2013-01/07/content_27601603_7.htm.

14. paroxysmal

Yes
    Thats exactly what I noticed too in that photo. Most of the times, gaining weight during stress is an indirect sign of depression. Probably she is stressed too much. Hope she is mentally strong to cope up with everything.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Saina Nehwal one rung from being world No 1[/h]
    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_saina-nehwal-one-rung-from-being-world-no-1_1789973

EXCERPTS:

Saina Nehwal has regained her second position in the women’s badminton singles world rankings. The 22-year-old has been rising in the rankings since winning the Olympic bronze in London last year as World No 5.

When the latest list was released by the Badminton World Federation on Thursday, Saina shunted out former World No 1 Yihan Wang of China from the second rank and is now only next to London Games winner Li Xuerui.

“It (No 2 rank) is a rare feat. I am fortunate to compete with the Chinese and come second for the third time (the last time was in 2010). No 1 is in sight provided I am fit. I am doing my best to be on top,” Saina told DNA from Kuala Lumpur where she has entered the Malaysia Open Super Series quarterfinals.

“It is very difficult to touch the top. Badminton is a physically demanding game and requires a lot of strength to stay on top. To get there, I have to remain fit and healthy. I will try my best to win many more tournaments,” Saina said. The shuttler has been fighting injury even before she won the Olympic bronze.

“I agree that rankings have no meaning up to 20 or 25. Anybody can beat any other player on a given day. But the rankings show how consistent one is,”she said.

“Since I am not 100 per cent fit, my stamina is not as good as it used to be. My physio wraps up my knee before my match daily,” Saina said.

Still she is suffering from knee problem it seems :(.. Hope she recovers soon from this hurdle..:)

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina need to reduce her extra weight . This affects her on court movement a lot. She could not even move at all sometimes. May be due to more chocolates and icecreams in recent times?? :confused:.. Anyhow, all the best for your upcoming tournaments . Come back reducing your weight and do well.. All the very best.. I know you are a fighter :). Come back with a bang :)..

17. paroxysmal

Yes
    Thats what I meant when I said shes losing to newer girls very often. So its not the Chinese she need to face now. There are quite a few newer girls from different countries. The girl whom she just lost is looked upon as future world no.1

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

You are spot on here. She is definitely overweight. I can clearly see a bigger sized shirt and plum thighs. BTW, in MO QF & SF she was very lethargic and played a relatively slow tempo game compared to before.

Once you are financially secure, the devil inside you will make it very hard to find the motivation to suffer grueling daily training's, body aches, injuries & the lack of sleep and life. Hope she finds the inner strength to overcome this. She needs to get back to the Olympic weight & shape again.

One more thing in the QF with her oversized shirt and pants, she did not look very feminine. What happened to her Olympic outfit? It looked good on her.

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Saina lost to TSY because she was slow and not aggressive, timing was out on defense etc.
    She could not get to all that drops. I was left dumbfounded watching the match.

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Once you are financially secure, the devil inside you will make it very hard to find the motivation to suffer grueling daily training's, body aches, injuries & the lack of sleep and life - It seems like true to me as well. She doesn't seem like having that gruelling effort to play the shuttle as the way she does normally. Sometimes, its like she does not want to try hard to take shuttles. May be because of her new body structure(thanks to post olympics mania). She need to concentrate her body as well. I felt that bulkiness when i spotted her in the television in the quaters against Nozomi. She doesn't look like herself at all. My goodness! How come she left her body as such when she is about to play so many tournaments ahead. I don't have any real idea. Huff. Still she has time. Past is past. Atleast she reached semifinals and lost to a player who is already making big in the international circuit. Now, this is the time for her to make a back-up plan to do things for her training schedule and physical fitness lessons. For her next tournament, its more than 1 month. Hence, she need to concentrate on her body than her skills. I believe that she is one of the best in skills. I do believe in her strengths and fighting spirits even more than her skills. Hence, i hope she learns lessons from her losses faster than we do. I support her for her self belief and sacrifices which she has made to come up this level in international arena against many odds which she faced in her early life. I am pretty much sure that she won't let her inner devil (money and fame) to overcome her past hard work which she rendered for this lovable game and pulling millions and millions of cricketers to badminton go to waste. Because of her talent, i am here. I really hope that she will pull her socks in time to correct it and come back with a new (perhaps with Old shape) Saina to play with free movement on court to enjoy us (whole world) soon.:)