Replacing a Babolat X-Feel Essential

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Twelvy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Twelvy

Twelvy New Member

Engineer
    Hello everyone!

My first post here.
    My racket, Babolat X-Feel Essential, recently broke so I need a new one. I was previously playing with a Babolat Satelite Nitro (the model from 2006 I think) and I have very good memories with this one. I changed for the X-Feel and it was quite difficult at the beginning since I had to hit harder. In the meantime, my playstyle has evolved a lot (more aggressive, more powerful too) and I now feel comfortable with my X-Feel.
    I wonder if I should go back to the Nitro, so I think the closest new model is the Satelite Power or stay on an X-Feel (I really like the Babolat racket so far). The Satelite blast might be bit heavy. I am really worried about the flexibility of the Satelite model.
    I also thought about buying a Yonex one. I wonder if the Voltric Z Force 2 might be too stiff for me.
    BTW, I am playing almost only in double so I am not sure which feature I should focus (balance, weight etc.)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

2. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

I recently broke 2 essential in a week. Since i never broken a racquet in 15 years, I lost confidence in Babolat and back to Yonex. My research ended with the Voltric 70 etune 4u and i think they are quite similar. Some will say the voltric in very head heavy but I don't think it was that much. The racquet is very flexible like the essential. Just my 2 cent.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I think that you are right in that the satellite blast will be stiffer and head heavier, and quite a different animal than the Essential.

In Tokyo, surely there are many places where you might be able to test rackets out before you buy.

But if you still own your Nitro, why not give it a try for a few weeks to see if the 'magic' comes back. That won't cost you a cent. :)

4. Twelvy

Twelvy New Member

Engineer
    Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately, I don't own my Nitro anymore since it broke too. I must admit that I broke two Babolat rackets and two of my friends had the same experience. I won't say I take care of them very carefully (I can get angry easily) but one of my old racket, a kind of no-name one, is still intact.
    In the end I bought the Yonex Voltric Z Force 2 and, even if the feeling is really different, I like it so far (I only played three times with it). The racket is not really that heavy, just the balance is different.
    I might perhaps buy another racket in case my string broke too (I don't own a spare one). So I will look at the ones you indicated.