Which Yonex badminton bag has hard-shell on both sides?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by arfandy, Apr 3, 2015.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

i'm looking for yonex bag (preferably square shape) and has protective hard-shell on both sides & able to store at least 6-9 rackets + shoes. I know Lining has it but not a fan of lining. thnx

2. andyang

andyang Regular Member

looking for 1 too....anyone?

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Unfortunately, Yonex does not have any hard badminton bags.

Why do you need a hard case ?

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Well, travelling on airplane, train, bus, etc... where your bag is just squeezed by another heavier bags. Would be very nice of Yonex if their R&D spends 20 mins of their time everyday in thinking and creating more innovative bags.

5. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Years ago we modify such rectangular bag with thin plywood and lightweight wood inserts. In later years we used keyboard cases. These were very durable but heavy. Today you can use packing foam inserts which are very strong and lightweight cut hem to your shape and size. On the matter of Yonex R&D, I believe they thought about it years ago but the marketing gurus also know there is very little demand for such special bags since most players would pack it their prefered way or method and no one case design pleases all.

This was the same situation when we bring our remote helicopter for fun fly or competition. We all make our own case and packing method. It was interesting to see and exchange ideas from different pilot on their case and packing method. Give it a try, you will fine customizing it has many rewards.

6. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    I agree. I dislike how Yonex bags clump up and lose their shape. Lining 9-racket bag (the red one) is the best one I've seen so far, that holds shape extremely well. My girlfriend has that bag, and she's happy. In the meantime, I'm trying to find one that is not so flashy red.