Replacing Arcsaber 9

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Charlie-SWUK, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm looking at finally replacing my Arcsaber 9. (Not the 9 FL)

When I bought it, it was the best racket I could afford (a little over budget really). When I had some more money available, I bought a Z Force II. Both of these rackets stay with me, and I often use them depending on how my arm feels, what type of game I'm aiming for, my fatigue levels etc. as well as if I'm playing doubles or singles.

Something with the 9 isn't clicking with me anymore - whether the racket has degraded over time from bumps and knocks, whether my game has changed... I don't know, but it feels a little strange regardless of which hand I'm playing with. The racket just lacks feel.

What I want:
    - Even balance
    - Easy to manouever
    - Capable of playing all shots (I found rear court play with the flash boost was very difficult)

So it's an all round racket. One I can use pretty effectively for doubles, but won't suffer too heavily in singles.

The main racket I'm looking at for its replacement is the Arcsaber i-Slash. But.. I don't actually know much about other brands of rackets. I gave a few rallies on someone else's N55 II and it felt pretty good - I actually felt like shots had more feel than on my Yonex rackets.

So based on the above, could BC recommend any good middle ground rackets that provide good feedback?

#1 Charlie-SWUK, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Nvr tried AS9, so no comment there...
    Based on the above points alone, my personal experience with BS12 fits the bill...

3. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

The Arcsaber 9 is even balanced with a flexible shaft. The N50 II is more head heavy balanced.

The Arcsaber 9FL is a little lighter.
    If you have the opportunity may be you can try the Voltric 60 and 70, a little head heavy balanced also with flexible shaft.

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It's not the balance of the racket I liked, it was how much feedback the racket gave. It had a lot of feel, something I hadn't really experienced since my Arcsaber was new.
    [MENTION=107099]TeddyC[/MENTION] the BS12 is also on my watch list, how good would you say feel is on that racket?

Another I've been eyeing up is the Li Ning N80 - but I'm very confused about the specifications of the racket. It says the balance point is under 300, but everywhere is calling it head heavy.

The N50 III is another I'm eyeing up, but that's very expensive, and I'd be looking for more information on it before I committed.

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Talking bout feedback, u have the whole thread dedicated to BS12... to read... lol

Ime, most Victor rackets I tried have plenty of feedback. Coming frm a TK-9k user, BS12 is a tad too whippy but has a fast swing speed. Only used in more defensive games n when my arm gets tired towards session ending.

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Try the Arcsaber z slash , trust me you will not like the I slash...

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I recommend 3U BS12 or 4U MXJJS. The MX rackets especially MX80 and JJS have a really great feel. Some guys here are saying that MX80 is the god of feel. And you can trust them. All older Victor rackets have an excellent feel compared to the damped YY ones. Can't tell you anything about their new ranges, but the old ones are really the top notch in the feel department.