A good replacement for the BS10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ucantseeme, Apr 6, 2015.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys,

in Oktober 2010 I got my first BS10(3/5). I added some to my collection and broke some. To make it short, I accept that it is time for something new.
    I'm looking for a Victor racket which is stiff and has a fast frame. I don't like to say this but there is no chance for a different BS. Actually I'm curious about 3 rackets. 3 Jetspeeds. I bot a nice connection to HK, so I can get every Victor which I want.

-JS10 4U
    -JS9 3U
    -JS Ahmad 3U

are my choice. I'm looking for the stiffest and best feeling of this 3. We have a bunch of fans of the JS10 here but can't imagine that a 4U will work for me. I also can't imagine that the Zxion of the JS9 works well for me. And about the Ahmad I heard nothing. Can't try rackets but After buying SW35, MX80 and BS 10 blind I trust you. Is the Ahmad the Best available replacement for the 10?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

If Ahmad himself switches mid game from his Ahmad back to his BS10, that in itself says something... ;)

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Errrr isn't Ahmad on the 12N?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Errrr, right you are...

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    thought it was weird haha.. He's never been the extra stiff kinda guy.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh the JS10 is the next best thing from the BS10. Given that I've taken to using both actively side by side now I dare say that confidently. I had the same initial reservations as you regarding moving to lighter weight class after using 3U for years and I had no real troubles. But if the different weight classes will be a problem for you then I would probably discount the JS9 and just look at the Ahmad instead. Reason being that from the few reviews/impressions it sounds more like a spiritual successor to the BS12 in terms of balance just stiffer.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

yeah, js9 is quite flexy

js10 imho is slightly flexier and head heavier than bs10, requiring a slightly different swing ... just so you're aware

#7 visor, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I was also thinking of a BS12 KRP but after some reviews, it isn't such a stiff stick like everybody told before owning one. I know that it's a hard challenge to replace the BS10.
    Something in my head tells me that 4U won't work and I believe him/her. I tried ZF 4U, ZFII 4U and MX80 4U in the past. I didn't had a problem with the swing weight, but it didn't feel right. Especially during drives and defending. After [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] posted the dry weights of the JS10 I was really scared about such a light stick. It's according to the swing weight headlighter than my BS10's, so anything headlighter is not my aim. With my BS10 is was sure it can take 32x34lbs with ease. I doubt that the JS10 can take this. I actually play with thin strings and 30x30lbs but if I move back to something thicker for tournaments and upcoming season, I will be in trouble. So it speaks for a 3U.
    According to Ben the Ahmad is head heavier and stiffer than a JS10. Both 4U. So I won't have problems with a bit more head weight if the frame is a fast one and the shaft stiff.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I wouldn't worry about your tension. Mark and Paul did do Kim Ki Jung's 4U JS10s at 34/35lbs and having owned the racket as well. I'm quite confident in the frames strength to be able to go past my usual 30/31lbs. I personally feel that it's a very robust frame.

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Does KKJ really use a off the shelf JS10? I thought that the Pros get also get 3U ones? [MENTION=11783]Mark A[/MENTION]

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well they recorded both 3 and 4Us.

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Only the pro's get 3U, but one of Kim's was a 4U

DSC03617.jpg

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Hmmm. What a dilemma. @Mark A can you give me some of your wet swing weights? If anything is close or above 41g I try to get a demo. What about the stiffness? The RRI of 10 sounds promising and the 4 of 5 and thin shaft sounds like something flexy. What about the profile? Is it really close to a BS quickness or just MX like? Then I would look for a MX or wait for the HX800, but I wouldn't buy a MX because their pattern is really pain in the ass to string.:mad:

#13 ucantseeme, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    With the 10 it's closer to BS aerodynamics because it also has a smaller head as compared to he previous JS rackets which are all "full sized" and more of in between the BS and MX swing speeds. Plus it isn't flexy per say but more of whippy.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Mine won't mean much for two reasons:

a) I pulled the weights out of my handles - they're now 10-15 mm taller and 2-3 g lighter than stock,
    b) my grips have thickened butts, which would cock up any swingweight measurements the other way.

Still, the one in my hand is 38.8, for what it's worth; I doubt you'd get over 40 with an off-the-shelf JS10.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You make me want to pull thr weight out just to try...

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Nobody's stopping you:). Other that the fact that you'd have to bin a perfectly good 334 to get at it...

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah. I'll attempt it next month. Not binning anymore good grips especially since I've found the optimum way to grip for myself now with it. Our dollar just dropped again so replacements are gonna burn me again. Either way I'm tempted to get older victors still.

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thanks for your impressions. My OCD tells me that 41-42 is way to go. So only a 3U can do this. [MENTION=101636]Ch1k0[/MENTION] you are always up to date. Any possibility to get a 3U JS10 or KRP ones? A slightly slower BS should be OK, but to be honest I wish they never discontinued the BS10. The USD is actually high. 170€ for a racket? That's a long time ago when I was in the mood to pay such a high price. Any legit sources of 3/5 BS10's to buy them in loads?

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well I'm down under. So we're sucking up a massive drop in our dollar since end last year. You could try E-Link in SG. Last I recalled Chris still has gen 2 BS10s in his stock. Drop him an email and ask. I know he's still running a promotion for BS10s at 2 for 299SGD. That plus shipping to you shouldn't break the bank to bad with the stronger euro.