how to keep shoes its grip like new?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by pcll99, Apr 8, 2015.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I wear Yonex's shoes SHB65FT. After a few months of wearing it (indoor only), it becomes slippery. I play about 7 to 10 hours per week. Dusts seem to accumulate on the soles.

What can I do to keep its tackiness and grip like new? washing it with soup every time after play?

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Try wiping off the dust from the soles with your hands after every few rallies.
    But unfortunately all shoes lose their grip over time, there is nothing you can do about that.
    If somebody knows a way, let me know... :D

3. visor

visor Regular Member

play only on mat floors will help tremendously... ;)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    How about using a iron file to roughen up the surface of the sole? Never tried it myself.

Cleaning dust off will help .

5. visor

visor Regular Member

there's always the hairspray suggestion... anyone tried it to see if it works?

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    like this? do they work?

9za860.jpg

7. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

The hairspray option works only as well as wiping the sweat off your arms/legs/forehead and wiping it on the soles of your shoes....:crying:

Basically, hairspray is just a resin (vinyl acetate polymer.. amongst others) so after you apply the spray, the soles of your shoes have a thin layer of resin on it to promote grip.... unfortunately the bond is not very strong thus after a few rallies, it all rubs off and you're back to square one....

Think of it like the white PVA wood glue that you use at home for carpentry. When you get some on your fingers, you let it dry to a thin tacky film on your fingers.... but then is easily rubbed off or peeled off...

Only option is to keep the soles of shoes clean and avoid wearing it outside of the court areas...

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Had similar problem too when i play indoor but on wodden floor. Dust and sand are the main problem. my cheapest solution for myself and also for other players on court is to bring a sprayer filled with either Sprite, Fanta, Coke, or anything liquid that has high sugar on it. Spray it on court (or on your sole), then it will be as tacky as ever. But make sure to clean your sole after the session or you'll end up with an army of ants on your shoes.

Second solution is to NEVER wash/brush your sole with any kind of soap. The chemical on soap will eventually eat up the tackiness of your sole over time.. Water and brush will do the job just fine. I used Victor shoes for almost 2 years now, 9 hours a week, regular player.

9. Nogin

Nogin Regular Member

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor