Smashing power : VT80e-tune>VTZF2?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mikescully, Apr 8, 2015.

1. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

played a young player using a new VT80 last night, the sound of the smashes was astounding (yes we have a few players whose smashes would echo the hall, but this one is crisp and LOUD), moreover it felt heavy to lift the shuttles when defending (attempted high lifts but ended up could only drive or block),

has Yonex just made a racket that surpassed the ZF2 in smashing power? I walked to my opponent to ask about how he would compare the new VT80 to VTZF2 but was told his previous to go racket was Z-Slash (which he said the VT80 definitely excels in terms of smashing area), anyone with experience using these two rackets (VTZF2 and VT80e-tune) and would give insights and compare the two bombs in terms of power and smashing?

2. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    Zslash is comparable to zspeed jus frame size differs. But overall. Making a change from slash to vt80. Is quite a change. Diff specs diff use
    Mayb ur fren has been looking for more power hehe

3. mikescully

yeah he was playing more deceptive and a lot of slice shots before with Z-Slash but then now using very different specs racket, there's more power finishes than his previous playing style, that's why I was asking about comparing both rackets with similar specs (head heavy and stiff) V80eT and VTZF2, does anyone who have used both rackets find the new VT80e-tune produces more powerful smashes than VTZF2?

4. leejunlong999

student
    I have both in my arsenal.but let me tell u JanJorgensen and tan wee kiong changed from zf2 to vt80 etune for a reason

5. leejunlong999

student
    Bigger frame and bigger power. Who doesnt love it? New users to zf2 tend to mishit cuz of small frames
    No prob wif vt80 etune as far as accuracy is concerned

6. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

Is it just a power improvement? What about maneuverability and swing speed?

7. leejunlong999

student
    Swing speed has a similarity since both rckt has specialgrommets . I would go for the etune if i were you

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    There is a reason why PG use to love VT80 despite moving on to VTZF for small period of time. VT80 is a timeless classic.

9. leejunlong999

student
  10. mikescully

improved power, looks and accuracy, I can see why this racket is selling well at my local racket shop, I'm going to test it next week when my local racket shop owner has one to borrow out :)

11. Normal

Normal Regular Member

The recent Singapore Open had a battle of the Voltric 80 eTunes when H S Prannoy of India played against Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark. Both were using the same racquet. The Indian gave the Dane less than 10 points in the 2nd game. The smashes were out of this world!

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

But don't you guys need to know what grommets are being used to make a fair assessment?