Thinking...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sanni, May 18, 2001.

1. sanni

sanni Guest

What do you think about finnish people (and players, if there is some you know)? I just like to know...and be honest.

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I don't know much about the Finns, compared to the other three Scandinavian countries. In large part that is probably because they kept a very low international profile during the Cold War, as a semi-protectorate state subject to the whims of the Soviets. I have not heard too much more about the country since 1991, though. I have not seen too much publicity about their athletes, except for their skiiers who are decent. I did see some Finnish weightlifters in a World's Strongest Man contest who did very well - one of them with 60cm biceps and neck threw a 100kg concrete barrel over an 8 or 10 m high fence. I also know that during World War II, the Finns fought very courageously against the much larger USSR, including one major winter battle in which a force of about 30,000 Finns annhililated an invading Soviet army ten times their size, losing fewer than 100 of their own soldiers. I bet that Mag knows more, as a neighbor to that country.

3. Jenny

Jenny Guest

I think Finnish people are super!!!!!!! Hehee!!!! =) Sanni I finally found your messages!

4. sanni

sanni Guest

Jennyn perkele se siinä taas! Tää paikka on liian pieni kahdelle FIN:lle! Tästä puhutaan vielä ti harkoissa!