Best thing about BF

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Chia, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    What do you think the best thing about BF is?
    Aside from the info u get from here, personally i think the ability to attach images is the best thing.. gives BFer's a little bit more freedom, allowing them to post pics of themselfs and taking pics of badminton belongings, etc.

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    The best thing about BF is that you can ask any questions in any way.
    If you got question, someone has the answers :)

Cars, Cameras, Computers, Videos, Movies, all kinds of crazy stuff....you name it, we got it :cool:

3. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    I have to admit kwun did a very good job by allowing us to have attachments. Most of the previous boards(mostly auto related) ive been to did not allow pictures and we need to find our own host... Thumbs Up!!!

calvin

4. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Right on!!!.. this has got to be one of the most friendly community around. :) BF'ers are really helpful in all aspects of life... badminton related or not...
    although i must say that the chit-chat forum is abit slow sometimes...

calvin

5. Traum

Traum Regular Member

The chit-chat section is slow b/c we're all such die-hard fans of the sport! Isn't that a good thing? :D

-Rick

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    In fact, I am very interested in how much (in megas) bandwidth do we use (in average) per month? :)

Let me guess..........30000MBs?:rolleyes:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Best?

Ppl... ppl... and more ppl... ;)

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Best thing is that we are able to share our experiences , knowledge about the game in a more personal way. Getting to know fellow members as a family in BF. Have fun learning and giving our views etc..

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    double that! :)

i agree with LB, best thing about BF is the ppl here.

and about the chit-chat section. as Traum have pointed out, the focus of the website is badminton and it is rightfully so that the badminton forums have more traffic. chit-chat forum's goal is for talking about off badminton stuff. like when you are waiting for a court, you socially chat with fellow badminton players about other things than badminton. i think chit-chat encourages bonding of players outside of badminton which is also very important.

imho, the current blend of badminton/chit-chat discussion is quite healthy!

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The people, as they are friendly, and dont attack each other (all of the time) :) , the fact that they are from all over the world, so we get a view point from each countries perspective, I think this also reduces biased posts (UK forums tend to go on about how bad the organisation runs badminton in UK, or how bad the players are (or if they win one match theythink they will be world beaters))

The ease of using the site.

the number of posts (some sites have so few posts, it cant be called much of a discussion.)

11. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    certainly agree with that - the one UK forum (badders.com) is helpful sometimes but it seemingly populated with people having a go at each other, and complaining about the BAofE. it does however have it's occasional england team posters which is cool for us brits - nice to see them taking an interest.. just like JR and Thomas here..

tis all good :D

BF is great for a chat, advice on all aspects of badminton, results and everything

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think the generally civil conduct of our members is due to the excellent work of our moderators. Any potential trouble is nib in the bud thanks to their vigilance. You'll find a huge difference when comparing their work with those of other forums' admins. Mutual respect and open mindedness is evident and long established in BC/BF/BR, not just because the forum happens to have good members;).

#12 cappy75, Apr 29, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  13. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    yer a commie, cappy! :D

Best thing? The info on this forum directly impacts buying choices (builds buyer info/confidence), equipment specs (string tension/choices/material), playing style, address injuries and the quickest road to wellness, oh man, so many ... DVD's of past, present players, trades/selling of used rackets, the list goes on and on.

The ability to find a badminton venue almost anywhere you might travel to (did I read a request for places to play in Malta? of all places?)

In summary, you'll be a better badminton player, and person ... An AWESOME forum.

-dave