Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gade supporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    He isnt obliged to tell you his real name. Is it important?

It cant be that hard to find it though-U15 unofficial european champion in MS.(although there may be 100 U15 unofficial european champions, but that narrows it down somewhat!) He is also from denmark, from the same club/area as Peter Gade, and is trained personally by the great man. If that doesnt narrow it down, then nothing will. Use your head?!!(you are from denmark after all)

Also you are an elite U13 player(accordingto your profile), so you must go to similar tournaments? I would say you should know by now.
    I know the best danes in U15... But I didn't knew we have a unofficial eoropean champ!
    Last edited by Go Gade; 05-05-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gade
    I know the best danes in U15... But I didn't knew we have a unofficial eoropean champ!
    Well forums are about learning, and spreading the knowledge! so this is obviousley a good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anybody has got a question about difficult badminton shots, and other stuff like best training form to get in good shape, you can ask me the questions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gade supporter
    If anybody has got a question about difficult badminton shots, and other stuff like best training form to get in good shape, you can ask me the questions here.
    Hi,
    I would like to know what kind of training you do with Gade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gade
    Hi,
    I would like to know what kind of training you do with Gade?
    Well when I train with Gade, that one time in the week. We do a lot of technical stuff, like some of the hard stuff that Gade makes when he is playing. So we are not running, and making the basicshots, that you can train in your own club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gade supporter
    Well when I train with Gade, that one time in the week. We do a lot of technical stuff, like some of the hard stuff that Gade makes when he is playing. So we are not running, and making the basicshots, that you can train in your own club.
    Would you mind explaining to us how you practice some of the techniques? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStanley
    Would you mind explaining to us how you practice some of the techniques? Thanks!
    Well when we train with Gade, we have 1 man on each side of the net, and then he is playing the balls to you and then, Gade is judging youre shot. For an example if anybody knows the very hard shot that Hendrawan used, and Gade and Camilla Martin for an example is using now. Your teammate hit balls to the left side on the net, and then you try to "hold your grip" to make a cross drop, and then in the last second you hit the long one. There is also a thing that is named after Gade, and he is the only one using it, it is very hard you have might seen it on tv, I am practicing this shot in the moment it is very hard, but the drill is: Your teammate hit balls to the left side on the net, then you "hold your racket" to make a simple net drop, and then in the last second to make a cross drop on the net.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...ade+trick+shot

you mean that one. If he is teaching you that, then I dont think he will make as good a coach as he a player. That shot has won him 1 point in his career, and he teaches you it as a legitimate stroke.

At your age you should be learning how to do the basic strokes (net, clear, drops, smash, defence) perfect, then develop onto what you call "really hard" shots. If you learn the "really hard shots before you have MASTERED the basic shots (as in 100% accuracy, placement, angle, speed, stroke, prepearation) then you can develop advanced techniques.

Learning is like a pyramid, thefoundations must be there before the icing, otherwise it will crumble, and fall.

Or maybe I am doing it all wrong?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...ade+trick+shot

you mean that one. If he is teaching you that, then I dont think he will make as good a coach as he a player. That shot has won him 1 point in his career, and he teaches you it as a legitimate stroke.

At your age you should be learning how to do the basic strokes (net, clear, drops, smash, defence) perfect, then develop onto what you call "really hard" shots. If you learn the "really hard shots before you have MASTERED the basic shots (as in 100% accuracy, placement, angle, speed, stroke, prepearation) then you can develop advanced techniques.

Learning is like a pyramid, thefoundations must be there before the icing, otherwise it will crumble, and fall.

Or maybe I am doing it all wrong?!
    As I have said earlier Gade only teaches me one time in the week, and then I can practice the basic ones in my own club, so Gade teaches us at Team attack to make as you say hard badminton shots, if he didnt make any new stuff, there was no idea of practicing with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, it sounds interesting. It's great that Peter still wants to spare his time coaching the young players, I guess it's a good regeneration process. Good luck to you, hope to watch you playing in the big tournament someday ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can you describe the details of how to complete this shot (seeing as it must be important), from your movement towards the net as usual, to completing the stroke to move to position for next shot-is there a different position you should take up after this shot in order to be ready for reply?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can you describe the details of how to complete this shot (seeing as it must be important), from your movement towards the net as usual, to completing the stroke to move to position for next shot-is there a different position you should take up after this shot in order to be ready for reply?
    Well when I move to the shot from the center of the court, i make a little jump first to get as much accelaration to the stroke, it is not usual that your opponent can reach the ball, but if he will he cant hit the long one, so I move to the center of the net.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but how do you play the shot?

Also how many hours a week does he teach you, and is there any other strokes, or just this one every week until it is perfect?

Could you give us a description of what you do each week? have you written it in a training diary? What did you do this week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but how do you play the shot?

Also how many hours a week does he teach you, and is there any other strokes, or just this one every week until it is perfect?

Could you give us a description of what you do each week? have you written it in a training diary? What did you do this week?
    Well watch the video with Gade, mine is not as perfect as his, because I cant hold the racket as long time as he can. He teaches me one time evry week, in 3 hours. Well we have a schedule, and as you say we train until it is perfect, and then we can move on to som other stuff, like a new cut shot. I have not written it in a training diary, but only in schedule, I can tell that every week is different, but no running just making the fun badminton shots. This week me and Gade is practicing, the shot that I was referring to in the other treads, but we are focusing more on that I can hold the racket much longer.I hope that answered your questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default this week

What did you do this week?
    Hehe not much I guess unless training continues in Jakarta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just testing! ................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the teacher Gade

Nice to have Gade teaching you tricks. I'm interested in all other shots that he's teaching you, apart from the 'Hendrawan-deceptive lift' and the 'Gade-deceptive-below-the-arm cross drop' that you mentioned earlier.

Gade has a very nice personality off court. How is he as a trainer - tough or easy going?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast