Recommend me a good intermediate racket with reasonable price

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bryan007, Apr 20, 2015.

1. bryan007

bryan007 Regular Member

Hi guys, could you please recommend me a racket that is at a reasonable price. I have limited options on brands, only Yonex, Li ning, Victor, Astec, Dunlop. I prefer Yonex or Li ning.

My playing style is a semi-defensive, as i like to play drops shots and love to play around the net, but also smash when there is a good chance.

I would like either a headlight or an even-balance racket. I absolutely HATE] headheavy rackets as it instantly makes my arm pain.

So please recommend me a good intermediate racket that is headlight or even-balance. Budget is still unknown :rolleyes: So just keep recommending rackets and ill think about it.

THANKS!!!

2. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

Dunlop has good selection of light and extra light head rackets

3. kevinsung

kevinsung Regular Member

Student
    Try Li-Ning Windstorm Series 500, 600 or 700 (head-light) avoid the Windstorm 300 (head-heavy). All the Windstorm series are light-weight rackets. You can also try Victor Light Fighter 7000 but I assume it'll be difficult to get your hands on one as you're from Indonesia.

4. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    Maybe you can give a try for Apac's Tantrum 300 or Feather Weight 300 for medium flex as both should be an ease of use in terms of head light or maneuverability. Or perhaps you could try the all-new NR-GZ? *laughs

5. speck

speck Regular Member

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Lining 3D Braid series, Ti310, 320,330 or 350, about 8-900 Rp in sby. Choose the one that feels good on yr hand. 3Never trust written specs, even printed on the rackets.

7. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Or Yonex Arcsaber 2 Tour (not Arc002), made in Japan, abt same price as Lining Ti3xx series. Light n fast. A bit more expensive, about US$110+, get a Voltric I-Force. Even lighter and an under rated favorite. I used n broke an ARC2 Tour and still using an I-Force up to now. Also still using a Nanoray 800 and other old classic rackets from Astec and SOTX.

8. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I-Force are 5U, I believe. Just a bit lighter than their FlashBoost but I prefer I-Force because it has more power (at least for me).

U should get Yonexes online from www.sunriseclick.com. Many of their prices are even better than retail stores in Indonesia.

#8 sautom88, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. bryan007

bryan007 Regular Member

Thanks for all the recommendations...but i need rackets that are new...and by new i mean like the rackets that are still available in the market...somehow idk if arcsaber 002 is discontinued or not...but i cant find it anywhere in shops..

And...i cant buy online..i can only buy in retail shops....

10. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    For Victor racket, you can try Victor Meteor X60, this is an effortless racket and will further improve your badminton skills and performance. You won't regret for sure.

11. bryan007

bryan007 Regular Member

Victor MX60 is mentioned quite headheavy.....so...yea i dont think so...Victor here in indonesia is really overpriced..even the Yonex Nanoray GlanZ is cheaper than the Jetspeed S Ahmad....

Maybe the low-end victor rackets or others....

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Stiffness preference? Perhaps Yonex NR 900 that Ahsan and Setiawan plays with so successfully...

13. kintenka

kintenka Regular Member

professional player
    you might try an N36 or Windstorm N60.

14. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist

Victor MX60 is not that heavyhead, the bp is just perfectly around 295mm. If you follow Victor's racket charting, Meteor series is categorized as an even-balance racket (about the same like Yonex ArcSaber series), you should try yourself to believe how good this racket is for a begineer and intermediate players, please read the in BC forum about MX60 review.

As for price, Victor's rackets are slightly cheaper in Malaysia and Singapore compare to Yonex. I am not sure why Victor is more expensive in Indonesia, my guess from business and finance point of view maybe it's driven by currency exchange factor (strengthening of TWD, CNY and weaker JPY compare to IDR) and also due to the regional Sunriseclick.com online store strategy, where no physical store located at each countries to consolidate inventory (reduce inventory holding cost), reduce rental cost and other fixed operating costs.

I believe in future Victor will follow Yonex's strategy to appoint a sole distributor in this region to market their product online, thus will reduce their rackets and other badminton equipments price. We have to wait and see......:D

#14 Espírito Santo, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  15. bryan007

bryan007 Regular Member

Anyone else has recommendations? :/

16. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

Li ning Ultra 9000 or Yonex nanoray 900

17. bryan007

bryan007 Regular Member

Which country sells cheaper Victors?? Hong Kong or Singapore?? :/

18. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Dude he is asking for intermediate racket at reasonable price . Sort of voltric 7 stuff.

19. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Jakarta...Indonesia...
    Apacs Z Ziggler
    Apacs Ti10
    A1Ti10 (cheap racket that somehow is very hard to find because it's very good)
    Hart Powershoot Pro
    Hart art Power Ti 10