Mizuno Wave Lightning RX3 Review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by gfernandez17, Apr 25, 2015.

1. gfernandez17

gfernandez17 Regular Member

Hi guys, I been contemplating on getting badminton shoes and Ive heard that Mizuno is apparently a good shoe for badminton. I think one of the latest model is the Mizuno Wave Lightning RX3, however i'm not sure whether it is suitable for badminton as I think it is more on volleyball.

I can't decide whether to get this or Victor SH-S80. If you know where to buy this in KL please tell me, and also the price too.

Anyways please give me feedback on this shoe and tell me your opinion whether you think it is better than victor SH S80.

Below is a pic of Mizuno Wave Lightning RX3

Newfolder33.jpg

2. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

I am rotating between Mizuno RX3 and Victor S Personally, SH-820 would prefer RX3 to Victor shoes due to the fact that it fits my wide feet. If you having a wide feet, you should wear mizuno shoes.

3. gfernandez17

gfernandez17 Regular Member

Oh really, the thing is, the victor SH- S80 has wayyyy better design than mizuno. And is this model of mizuno light, because I know it is used for volleyball too.

4. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hahahah, it is up to your preference. For me, it is definitely more comfortable to wear rx3 rather than Victor shoes. I have yellow rx3 rather than a black ones so it is not as dull.

5. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    I had Wave lightning 6, fit me like a glove, then went on and bought Tornado 7, the bottom sole is too hard, but both have good insulate inside perfectly fit my feet, I used to wear high end Victor, but no more since I bought WL 6, I have to warn you, "once you try Mizuno, you'll never come back to other brands".

6. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Well said :)

vibgyor1111 likes this.
  7. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

+1

Wave Fang RX stole my heart since early this year.... would never consider other brands / models anymore

:D:D:D

8. RoyLab's

RoyLab's Regular Member

Engineer
    Nice looking shoes. From my point of view, i would not recommend this for badminton. The heel area is so high. Badminton involves alot of lateral/sidestep footwork. The elevated heel area could provide you a good shock absorption during landing from high jump, but it is not ideal for lateral/sidestep movement cause it can easily trip or bend your ankle sideways. Believe me i experience the pain and it feels like hell. An ideal badminton shoes should have the toe and heel area on the same level. The lower it is, the lower the center of gravity, the better the stability in all directions. Cushion is another story though.

Why not try the wave fang series? It is made for badminton. Wave Lightning I believe are for volleyball.

9. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I use the RX3 for badminton and love them, but I have never used a shoe that is specifically for badminton so I lack the ability to compare. Very durable compared to some asics i used when i first started playing. Really light weight. Recently bought some asics gel-tactic because i needed some more shoes and couldn't get the mizuno. They are ok, but the mizuno shoes are much better. Will spring for the Fangs next time it think. High heel never seemed to be an issue.

10. kctho

kctho Regular Member

Until you try ASIC :)

11. vibgyor1111

Which asics do you think are their equal?

12. kctho

kctho Regular Member

I am talking in general. Been using Mizuno shoes for years. The peeve i have with it is, they keep rolling in new models, the old wave series was very good. Whenever i change my worn out shoes, i couldn't find the one i am comfortable with (I will never find the current one that i am pleased with as they tend to obsolete quite fast). The new ones somehow never fits me or too hard feeling. the feeling and fitting is always a hassle. I gave up experimenting new models and opt for ASIC. they are comfortable and have good cushioning to protect the feet. The gel series (even though they do cosmetic changes with new model) it is quite consistent in terms of size fitting and in-sole comfort. Even their entry level (which is much cheaper than Mizuno) are good and lasting. I been using them since.

13. vibgyor1111

I wore a cheap pair for a bit when I first started playing. They were indeed very comfortable but lasted only about two months. The mizunos are a little stiff, but I don't mind it much. They are fast as, well, lightening.

14. vibgyor1111

This